PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for decorating baby girl room?

ExcitedMamma
12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
So far this is the only thing I've found:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/pink-butterfly-mobile/?pkey=bdecor-mobiles-and-hanging-decor&cm_src=decor-mobiles-and-hanging-decor||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

I actually prefer purple to pink but that looks precious!

I'm not sure how to come up with a cohesive plan! It seemed easier to do a boy theme. Please help!

BDKmom
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I found some really cute stuff on Etsy. I didn't like any of the stuff I found in stores--too much pink and princess. Ended up with some cute bird themed art work. I made the crib sheets (and I am not at all crafty), so if you can run a sewing machine, you might want to give that a try. We went with gray walls and purple accents with white furniture.

I say just find one piece you love and go from there. I was really intimidated at first, but ended up loving DD's room. Good luck!

crl
12-10-2012, 02:08 PM
How funny. I actually made a mobile for dd's room that's rather like that. I found a nicely shaped branch outside, used a butterfly punch on cardstock and tied the butterflies on using fishing line and some tiny clear beads. I think it turned out nicely and I got to pick my colors.

I added some prints with flower and animals from some online source that I had framed. And her sheets are BPK from the clearance page with butterflies and monkeys and such.

I had her name done in vinyl decal for over her crib. Got that from Etsy. I love Etsy.

So, her theme is loosely enchanted garden. And her stuff is green with a bit of blue and pink.

ETA. I originally got the idea for the mobile on Etsy so if you like the idea, but not the colors and don't want to make one yourself, definitely check on Etsy.

Catherine