PDA

View Full Version : What Cut of Beef--Roast for 2?

StantonHyde
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I am thinking of doing a good dinner on Xmas day but it will just be DH and I who eat it. (DD might eat some, DS will eat rolls and more rolls ;))

I usually get a rib roast and put a pepper rub on it. But that seems too much for 2 people. I don't mind having some leftovers--I can freeze and reheat.

But what should i do for 2 people??

KLD313
12-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Get a filet. They cook quickly and if you can't find one small enough you can cut it into smaller pieces and freeze.

Pear
12-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Or just DH and I, I would probably buy the best steaks I could find. I cook a mean steak using the stovetop and oven.

MMMommy
12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I would still go for the rib eye roast. Bone-in. Slow cooked to perfection. Mmmmm.

katydid1971
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
The Lowery's marinated trip tip from costco. So good and a great for a small crowd.

kijip
12-10-2012, 07:54 PM
You can get a small rib roast. Just head to the meat counter and ask them for one for 4-5 servings. That will get you your nice dinner and enough leftovers for a few beef sandwiches with brown sauce, horseradish and grilled onions and peppers. We didn't have leftovers last year since we had like 14 or 15 people and I economized by offering rib roast and ham since my limit for a rib roast was about $75. I missed the leftovers so much! I am buying the same sized roast this year but we will only have 8 people, including 2 little kids. I want that sandwich now!