PDA

View Full Version : Furby vs Fijit which one for a 4 yr old

Dream
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm new to both of them. Never seen one in action. I'm think DD1 will like it, DD2 is too small at 20 months. But which one to get? They seem to be expensive and I'm thinking of using yoyo.com 30% off on it. Or should I just forget about it as DD1 didn't ask for it. She's never seen one either so wouldn't know and she's not into Santa yet.

captobey
12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I would skip it. Even though they look like stuffed animals, they are geared towards older kids. They even have them in the 'tween' aisle at toys r us. The appeal of the furby is that you can use an app to feed it, mold it's personality, etc, which I think a 4 year old wouldn't really understand or appreciate. That said, the fijit doesn't have to be 'molded', it comes with a set personality and has an off switch (furby doesn't). If you are set on getting one, I'd get the fijit. They have them at walmart.com clearanced down to $15 and in the stores. Target also had it for this price online and in store.

Dream
12-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I would skip it. Even though they look like stuffed animals, they are geared towards older kids. They even have them in the 'tween' aisle at toys r us. The appeal of the furby is that you can use an app to feed it, mold it's personality, etc, which I think a 4 year old wouldn't really understand or appreciate. That said, the fijit doesn't have to be 'molded', it comes with a set personality and has an off switch (furby doesn't). If you are set on getting one, I'd get the fijit. They have them at walmart.com clearanced down to $15 and in the stores. Target also had it for this price online and in store.

Thank you, I'll skip it.