PDA

View Full Version : Boden!

swissair81
12-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I ordered $300+ of mini boden for my kids this summer (right before I had my baby). I got an email a few days ago that they somehow forgot to charge me for this order (how did I not notice that) and by the way they will be charging me for it shortly. I sent a slightly panicky email back saying I don't have this amount of money free right now, and could we please make financial arrangements. I got an email back this morning that they do not make financial arrangements, but if it bounces when they charge my card, a member of their finance team will contact me. Um, why can't they contact me before it bounces? Why don't you just assume it will (like I told you it will) before you cost me more money. I have 5 kids that fit into Boden clothes. You really don't want to do this to me. Grrr.

elbenn
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
That sucks. While you do owe them the money, they made a mistake by not getting it when they were supposed to, so it seems like it would be nice for them to find something that works for you. Did you get the clothes on deep discounts? If not, maybe ask them to apply a bigger discount to the order since they made a mistake. This might at least make it a smaller amount that you owe them.

swissair81
12-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I know I owe them money. I have no problem paying. I just wish I could pay it in 2 or 3 installments. I would even start right now. I don't have all of it free at this particular moment.

TwinFoxes
12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I would call rather than email. It's harder for a real person (and their supervisor) to say no than to say no in an email. Good luck!

citymama
12-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I would call rather than email. It's harder for a real person (and their supervisor) to say no than to say no in an email. Good luck!

:yeahthat: Yes, please do this and ask for a manager.

This is also a heads-up for other Boden shoppers here. I read on another board that many people are getting billed for summer purchases now because of some kind of billing glitch on Boden's part. I find it really problematic and Boden should get some heat for it. OP, I would definitely make a stink about it.

kijip
12-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I thought there was a limit to how long merchants could wait to run their cc payments?

That totally sucks. Their mistake, they should be more flexible.

Multimama
12-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I thought there was a limit to how long merchants could wait to run their cc payments?

:yeahthat:

It seems wrong that they can wait to charge you for that long without warning?? And now you are going to have to take the hit for their mistake?? At this time of year??

Seitvonzu
12-11-2012, 08:15 PM
ugh. definitely call. ask to speak to someone who can work with you and don't take no for an answer :(
that's so crummy! its' not like you are trying to get out of it or something

MamaMolly
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Oh that is bad business! I totally agree with the others, call and talk to a live human. Fingers crossed for you they are reasonable!

alexsmommy
12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Call, be very nice, but if they aren't initially responsive, you might want to let them know you are very internet savvy and will be posting about this ridiculous policy. You aren't trying to avoid paying, you are trying to make good on THEIR mistake in a way that works for you right around the holiday.

crl
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
That's very frustrating! I am sorry.

Catherine

MamaMolly
12-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Any luck with a real life response? :popc1:

MamaMolly
12-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Call, be very nice, but if they aren't initially responsive, you might want to let them know you are very internet savvy and will be posting about this ridiculous policy.

:yeahthat: Geez if I were Boden I wouldn't want to risk pi$$ing off the collective buying power of the BBB Boden lovers! ;)

NCGrandma
12-12-2012, 03:14 PM
:yeahthat: Geez if I were Boden I wouldn't want to risk pi$$ing off the collective buying power of the BBB Boden lovers! ;)

Definitely! Are they crazy?

alexsmommy
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM

BBB and every other review site out there. Hopefully they will think about how many people google "boden complaints" before placing their first order. I know I run a "x company complaints" google check for places I am unfamiliar with.