PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, just need a tiny bit of commiseration

bisous
12-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Often it seems like I have days that seem almost funny except they aren't because they are happening and are oh-so-NOT fun!

Today is one of those.

DS3 is epically cranky. Tugging on my knee and whining, arching back complaining, having tantrums (he's only 14 months old!) all morning long.

DS1 and 2 are on a special schedule this week that means that DS1 and the ENTIRE rest of the school (K-8) are on a schedule of 8 to 11:30 for parent-teacher conferences. EXCEPT for DS2's PM K. It still goes from 11 to 2:30. GRRR. So as I was waiting at school between dropping off DS2 and picking up DS1, DS3 falls asleep in the stroller. And when I move him to his crib later, he wakes up.

He's screaming right now. I can't STAND listening to him cry, even though I know that he is tired beyond all reason (he was probably tired this morning). On the other hand, I'm not sure I can handle being with him when he is this tired and upset.

I'm just so frustrated about the stupid school pickup schedule and the nap that is not to be. He normally sleeps about 2.5 hours while DS2 and DS1 are at school. Now that is not happening AND his bedtime is not for another EIGHT hours.

I'm not sure I can handle being around him for the next eight hours. I know it is just "one of those days"--ironicin a way that can be construed as funny but I am so not in a laughing mood right now. Please tell me I'm not the only one having a day like that!

wellyes
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Wrecking a kids nap ruins the day for the whole family. I'm sorry.

bisous
12-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Thank you, Wellyes. That is so true.

mikala
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I feel your pain. Any chance of a car nap?

bisous
12-11-2012, 05:43 PM
After about 20 minutes of off an on crying, he is now good and asleep. Thank heavens!! I'm glad I stuck with it (letting him cry) but nothing makes me feel like a more horrible human being (or parent) than listening to one of my babies cry--even when he's exhausted and even when I'm fed up to here!!!

And it is a really good thing he is asleep because after I pick up DS2 from school I *GET* to take all three kids to buy new tires for DH's car. Yay.

sunnyside
12-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Hugs! Definitely rough! My DD always cries the hardest right before she falls asleep!

MamaMolly
12-11-2012, 09:19 PM
After about 20 minutes of off an on crying, he is now good and asleep. Thank heavens!! I'm glad I stuck with it (letting him cry) but nothing makes me feel like a more horrible human being (or parent) than listening to one of my babies cry--even when he's exhausted and even when I'm fed up to here!!!

Oh ouch! It is hard. We call it 'getting the bad out' when Dolly cries like that.