PDA

View Full Version : Dear classmate's parent (nevermind)

fivi2
12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
urgh. Thought better of it. Nevermind - sorry.

Just more birthday party drama - people inviting extra guests...

MamaMolly
12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Aw, hugs.

fivi2
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks. Sorry to delete my OP, I just would hate someone finding it... I was just annoyed with people asking if so and so can come to the birthday party. So and so wasn't invited because they are the wrong age group, the wrong gender, and because I am at my limit for the location... argh.

cilantromapuche
12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
What's with people assuming they can come and not be invited? I hate inviting one of DS's favorite friends because his parents just drop off younger brother who is wild and crazy. Who invited a kid 3 years younger? What makes people assume? If i had wanted to include him I would have put him on the invite! I feel your pain and hope it all goes well. hugs.

justlearning
12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
What's with people assuming they can come and not be invited? I hate inviting one of DS's favorite friends because his parents just drop off younger brother who is wild and crazy. Who invited a kid 3 years younger? What makes people assume? If i had wanted to include him I would have put him on the invite! I feel your pain and hope it all goes well. hugs.

I agree--I've had this happen to (bringing a younger sibling without even asking beforehand). Once I had a mom ask if she could drop off her 5-year-old (the invited guest) along with her 2 year-old (not invited) so she could go do errands during the party time! (I said no.)

mik8
12-12-2012, 01:12 PM

I agree. This has happened in the past 2 birthdays of DD. I started to wonder if this is becoming a trend. Her last birthday party was a package deal at a movie theater (movie plus food/room rental included) and a few moms asked if their younger sibling/s can come, and would be glad to pay for the movie tickets portion. These siblings are way younger than my DD's age group. I was too nice. Couldn't say no and ended up including them in the party.

niccig
12-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I have learned to put on the invitation "Due to space restrictions, there is no room for siblings" or something like that.

We had one party where we could have siblings so I put "Siblings are welcome"

It cuts down on the emails/phone calls

mytwosons
12-12-2012, 02:45 PM
I think it is becoming more of a trend.

DS1 is at an age where he doesn't like girls. Last year, a friend's mom and older sister stuck around and he was not happy. The following bday, a different friend's mom called right before the party to see if a step-sister could attend as well. The party was lazer tag, so I told her I would be happy to have her play lazer tag and the arcade games but the "party" would be just the boys. When they arrived, the mom tried to do a drop-off. Of both kids! I immediately stopped her and told her she would have to stay because I wouldn't be able to supervise a young girl while also being in the party room. I don't think the mom was happy with me, and later made a comment about me excluding the girl from the party, but I didn't care. She wasn't invited!

Sorry you had to deal with it, too, OP.