PDA

View Full Version : What's a good travel/grandparents' car seat after the Scenera

Momit
12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
DS has outgrown the Scenera and we need another seat to use for travel and to keep at my parents' house. I prefer a harnessed booster that can convert to backless. DS is 4 years old, 42" and 39.5 lbs.

We have a FR85 and a RA50 in our two cars. I have an extra RA50, so either I can send that to my parents and get a good travel seat (something light for lugging through the airport) or I can keep the RA50 as our travel seat and buy a relatively inexpensive harnessed booster for my parents. Thoughts? And recommendations? Thanks!

urquie
12-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Graco Nautilus

KDsMommy
12-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I read on here that the new Nautilus has a buckle that's hard for many grandparents to press.

You could get a Maestro now (around $65) and then when you're ready for a backless booster get the Harmony that's $13 at Wal Mart.

Joolsplus2
12-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Seconding the Maestro or Secure Kid 400(super easy install). And the suggestion for a good backless later (I think I know a few kids who really don't find the Nauti backless comfortable, and the choices for backlesses are so cheap and with such appealing covers, might as well wait and get a cute/cool one when you need it :))