PDA

View Full Version : Please help me figure out a Disneyland trip!

kellij
12-14-2012, 12:44 AM
My sis lives in LA so we're going to go to CA in July. It will be my DH, DS8, DD7, and DS3 and me. It may also be my mom and DS1. If my mom doesn't go she's going to watch DS.

I'm going to try to get Crystal Cove reservations, and then we're thinking about 3 days at DL. We have no idea where to stay, or basically anything else.

If you had our kid configuration, where would you stay. We will have rented a van, but I like the idea of being within walking distance. We'd like to be comfortable and can splurge a little too.

TIA!!

Tondi G
12-17-2012, 03:26 PM
There isn't a Crystal Cove at DisneyLAND only Disney world I believe. Goofy's kitchen (at the Disneyland Hotel) is fun though.

If you can swing it, stay at The Disneyland Hotel. The new waterslides at the pools are so much fun, all of your kids will LOVE it. The Monorail station into Disneyland is close. You have all of Downtown Disney right there.... you won't need the car.

bisous
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I wish I could help but I've never actually stayed at the park. We just drive down the day of! The Disneyland hotel is awesome, though. We've eaten there before and the locations at Disneyland are really easy to walk to (as opposed to Disney WORD where it would be hard to walk the entire property.)

kellij
12-18-2012, 12:12 PM
There isn't a Crystal Cove at DisneyLAND only Disney world I believe. Goofy's kitchen (at the Disneyland Hotel) is fun though.

If you can swing it, stay at The Disneyland Hotel. The new waterslides at the pools are so much fun, all of your kids will LOVE it. The Monorail station into Disneyland is close. You have all of Downtown Disney right there.... you won't need the car.

Crystal Cove is a park. I meant we're doing that and then Disney, 2 separate locations. Sorry if that was confusing!

lalasmama
12-18-2012, 09:53 PM
How much would you like to spend on a hotel room? Many families like the HoJo, which is within walking distance. It's under $200 a night, and sleeps 5 or 6, I think (seems like its a king in 1 room, with a bunk bed and sofa sleeper in the other room.

This February, we're trying the Park Vue Inn, which is across the street from the pedestrian entrance. Our room is under $170, and has 2 queens in one room, and a sofa sleeper (for DD) in the other room.

The absolute best hotel in that area, in my opinion, is the Grand Californian. It's spendy ($350+ a night for a basic room), but it's situated along the side of California Adventure, and allows you to have an extra hour in the parks each day you are there.

You might want to head over to disboards.com too. There's a DL section, and while initially overwhelming, you'll find all sorts of information there... And a few BBB'ers as well :)

mommytotwo
12-22-2012, 12:47 AM
We liked Paradise Pier and would stay there again. It is spendy.. but lower priced that the DL Hotel. It is convenient and you can watch the fireworks from the deck and the World of Color from some of the rooms.