PDA

View Full Version : Soooo mad....grrrr

gatorsmom
12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Greenbean (5yo) has been saying for about a month now that he absolutely wants the Black Pearl Lego set for Christmas (or really any time. He wants it NOW). They came out new around last Christmas and then were discontinued earlier this year. So, now that they are discontinued, the prices are already pretty high. This happens with every discontinued, licensed Lego product (some of the early Harry Potter sets that were originally sold for $100 are now selling new, in box for $800!).

I managed to find a set for $110 from www.buy.com (http://www.buy.com) around Black Friday. I was relieved it was so low. The set originally sold for around $100. Well, with no warning, no email no decent explanation the seller canceled my order. LAST WEEK! I just noticed that I hadn't received that box yet and when I went to see why, I saw it was canceled. Greenbean is of course still saying daily he wants the Black Pearl so I had to order it from an Amazon seller. It was the lowest price I could find so close to Christmas. At least I get free shipping but I had to pay $154. Soo freakin annoyed.

After how hard I worked to get their gifts early and get good prices on things, this just threw off my budget. stupid buy.com.

Ceepa
12-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh no! I saw one at my Target Thursday morning for $100. I went back the next day and it was gone. I'm guessing they found one somewhere and just put it out. I actually thought of you buying one around BF when I saw it because you don't hear about many people looking for POTC sets anymore. If I had known I would have bought it for you!

gatorsmom
12-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Oh no! I saw one at my Target Thursday morning for $100. I went back the next day and it was gone. I'm guessing they found one somewhere and just put it out. I actually thought of you buying one around BF when I saw it because you don't hear about many people looking for POTC sets anymore. If I had known I would have bought it for you!

Thank you, that's really nice of you! The thing is, when the POTC lego sets went on clearance at Target, I bought up everything they had. They had a Queen Anne's Revenge set, a Black Pearl set, and the White Cap Bay set. Cha Cha got the Black Pearl set for his birthday last July and Gator has been asking for the Queen Anne's Revenge for the last month or so. I thought I had everything covered until Greenbean started asking for the Black Pearl after he saw Cha Cha playing with his. sigh. I've been trying to talk up the White Cap Bay set to him, since I already have that set, with no luck.