PDA

View Full Version : Our #*$@ing tree just fell over!!!!!

elizabethkott
12-15-2012, 07:19 PM
No one hurt, thank God.
THIS IS WHY I WANTED AN ARTIFICIAL TREE!!!!!
And of course, DH is NO WHERE TO BE FOUND to help with clean up. Because he went out Christmas shopping.
THIS IS HIS FREAKING STUPID UNEVEN LEANY TREE!!!!!!!!! *I* had nothing to do with picking it out. He went with James. And it's horrible. It has a forked trunk. Who in the HELL picks out a tree that leans and has a forked trunk?!?!?! DH DOES.
This stupid, #*$@ing tree is now propped up with a chair. I did a minimal clean up of the water that dumped out all over my living room. When that @sshole comes home, HE can clean up the D@MN TREE!!!!!
And when I texted him to tell him what had happened, his response was, "Well, I'm not getting a new star for it now!"
STUPID #*$@ING TREE!!!!!
Did I mention we had JUST finished decorating the d@mn thing?
:banghead:

KrisM
12-15-2012, 07:37 PM
So sorry! Our artificial tree fell a few years ago. It was a mess. I can only imagine that a real tree would be worse to clean up! I hope you didn't lose too many ornaments.

Too late now, but we always anchor ours to the wall. We have a screw in the wall and use piano wire to attach it to the tree.

MamaMolly
12-15-2012, 07:39 PM
So sorry! Our artificial tree fell a few years ago. It was a mess. I can only imagine that a real tree would be worse to clean up! I hope you didn't lose too many ornaments.

Too late now, but we always anchor ours to the wall. We have a screw in the wall and use piano wire to attach it to the tree.

We did the picture hanging wire and a loop/screw in the wall when we had a cat that LOVED to climb the tree when I was younger.

I'm awfully sorry OP. It is a big mess, I know!

elizabethkott
12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
It just happened AGAIN.
I just finished taking all the ornaments, garland and lights off, and that $&@*ing tree is sitting outside.
DH is currently cleaning up the mess. I am soooooo aggrivated.

AJP
12-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh no! We've had a few trees in the past that we've had to anchor to the wall also, but only one ever fell part way over (into the wall). Sorry for your mess!

Pennylane
12-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Oh no,that stinks! If it makes you feel any better , mine is dead and dry as a bone. So dry that the ornaments are falling off of it . I am just crossing my fingers I can keep a few on it through next week!

Ann

123LuckyMom
12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
What a PITA!!! I hope you figure it out so you can have a beautiful tree for Christmas.

zukeypur
12-16-2012, 01:16 AM
I had a huge, beautiful tree once and the cat knocked it over. My 1976 Norman Rockwell glass ornament broke. :(.

SummerBaby
12-16-2012, 07:01 PM
I totally feel your pain. It is such a }*#*#* nightmare to clean up. We have had trees fall over several times. After the last disaster that broke my special ornament set we got when we got married, we went out and bought a super expensive, sturdy stand. It weighs about 50 lbs and each leg is 3 feet long. It's been 5 years, and knock on wood, no disasters. I hope your DH cleans it up!

glbb35
12-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Oh my. So sorry. What a mess and angry feeling.

We watched our cat climb ALL the way up ours one year prior to putting on the decorations. We watched it sway back and forth and vibrate uncontrollably. After that we started securing the tree. A few years ago we went to an artificial and we still secure it to the wall. Now we have 12Ft ceilings and a 12 ft tree to match. If we didn't tie that sucker down it would come down in a heartbeat with 5 kids, dogs and a cat who thinks he is a dog (or sometimes a climbing bear!)

I hope you guys can get it secured or get another tree. A forked tree (I am picturing this in my head as this is something my DH would do!!!) is hilarious! Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. :)

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11