PDA

View Full Version : Need major HELP with peeing problem

ArizonaGirl
12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Given that I am female I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I am at a loss here.

Just about every day when DS goes pee he fails to AIM his penis downward and ends up peeing all over the middle and the front of the toilet, the rug on the floor, the back of his pants, the back of his undies, and all over the front of his shirt.

We constantly remind him to point his penis down, but we still have this problem every day at least once (today we are having incident number two).

HELP me fix this because now my bathroom smells like pee and I am tired of giving him multiple showers and doing endless laundry.

TIA

wellyes
12-16-2012, 06:13 PM
You've probably tried this - but - have you tried to put a target in the water? Making aiming a game reinforces good peeing habits.

SnuggleBuggles
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I have my boys sit. Far less mess!!

ArizonaGirl
12-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh you see, this is while sitting and he still manages to make a giant mess.

Standing isn't an option after he smashed his penis in between the toilet lid and the toilet seat.

I am just completely at a loss...

brittone2
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
DS2 figured out on his own to sit really far fwd with his hands in front of him. DS1 stood to pee without issue from early on, but DS2 has always been a sitter. Maybe teaching him that posture would help? The downside is in a public restroom....ewwwww....hands touching the seat, kwim?

ArizonaGirl
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, perhaps we need a new sitting strategy. Because we are forever reminding him not to squeeze his legs and end up with his penis above his legs which is what I think happens.

The mantra here has become "Pecker, down."

OH, boy?

hillview
12-16-2012, 07:49 PM
It is not easy. DSs have to hold their penis. Aim is a pain.

weech
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
When DS sits down, he actually sits kind of far back. Then he points his penis down with his finger and closes his legs so his penis stays pointed down. We also use a potty seat with the raised front if that makes a difference.

ArizonaGirl
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
He sits relatively far back and does close his legs, but I am thinking that perhaps we need to try to get him to aim it down with his finger.

We will have to give that a try.

Thanks all.

niccig
12-18-2012, 03:47 AM
When he was learning, I pointed it down. I also taught him how to pee outside, and yes I helped him aim. DH was never around when these things needed to be taught.

123LuckyMom
12-18-2012, 11:54 AM
He sits relatively far back and does close his legs, but I am thinking that perhaps we need to try to get him to aim it down with his finger.

We will have to give that a try.

Thanks all.

Yup, he's got to poke it down with his finger. He may pee all over his hand, but that's a much easier mess to clean up! How's it going?

ArizonaGirl
12-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Well, we haven't had an incident since I posted; however, I think it is more than likely luck because he is kind of quirky and hates change and won't want to sit on the potty any other way than he always has. There is only one right way to do things and that is the ways he does them.

Sorry didn't mean to get into a rant off topic.

So far so good, I hope...:wink2: