PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having issues with Annie's bunnies?

peanut520
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I stopped buying the snack packs from costco because the honey and chocolate chip packs had an issue with being rancid a year or so back. I still bought Annie's in the big boxes regularly, but I had a bag of pretzel that where rancid (a good 2 months before the best by date). I called and they sent a coupon to replace it, but I had two bags and they only agreed to replace one even thought I offered to send both to them. They said next time to return to the store, but honestly I don't keep usually keep my grocery receipts so I was a little upset. They made me fell like i was trying to scam them on a box of $3 snacks. I should have learned, but I thought I it was a fluke. I have two boxes of chocolate chip bunnies that taste rancid again and the best by date is 1/28/13. I am wondering if others are having quality issues with bunnies or maybe it is our very sensitive taste buds (dd is worse if she even gets a whiffs she calls them stinky bunnies and refuses to eat them). I'm sure I'm out the 2 boxes I have since I don't have the receipt to either target or while foods where I normally buy them.

swrc00
12-16-2012, 11:29 PM
That really is bad customer service. If you use your debit or credit card, Target should be able to do the return from a history of your purchases.

vonfirmath
12-17-2012, 10:11 AM
We had one box that tasted off. But I thought it was our fault for storing it in the garage and not inside!

Tenasparkl
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Yes! A few times I gave my daughter packs from the big box Costco box and she said they tasted bad. I assumed that she just didn't want them, but now I'm sure it was the same thing. I threw them out.

peanut520
12-17-2012, 05:19 PM
That really is bad customer service. If you use your debit or credit card, Target should be able to do the return from a history of your purchases.

I totally agree, but I don't know if I got those boxes at target or whole foods and when. The worse part is they make me feel like I was trying to scam them or something for a whole $3! I offered to send the products to them and the rep said no. I think they were fully aware of the issue remaining after the Costco snack pack incident. After I posted this I found an interesting article on food renegade about Annie's bunnies and I think explains why they are rancid.

MSWR0319
12-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Interesting. I got DS a box to try since I had read about them on here and he refused after one bunny! He said they tasted yucky. I just thought he was exaggerating so I tried them and isn't like hem either, but I thought we just didn't like the flavor.

daisymommy
12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh great. My kids have been saying that the packs from Costco tasted bad--you know from the 4 huge boxes I bought!--and I was irritated because I thought they were being picky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrSally
12-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't think they have presevatives? Correct me if I 'm wrong. I've eaten really old grqham cracker snacks ( not bunnies) and they taste moldy when they're old. I assume the same would happen faster to snacks wo/ preservatives, esp. If some extra moisture got in diuring the manufactring process.