PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your favorite accessories and games for Leappad 2

PAfirsttimemom
12-17-2012, 12:30 AM
We are giving one to DS2 for Christmas. We already have the charger. Do we have to get that gel skin? It just looks like a little piece of plastic that fits over the back. It doesn't even protect the screen, does it? How about a case? Headphones? Can you use headphones other than the Leapfrog ones?

Should I purchase an app card? How do the downloadable "apps" differ from the packaged software you can buy. And what are those ebooks? How do they differ from the game titles?

Would love to hear your favorite games for a 4 yr old boy.

Thanks!

AlbrightRC
12-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't waste my time on the gel skin its going to be a pain to get on and off to change batteries which you will do frequently. I would definitly get a case to keep it in when not being played. Headphones its up to you. We don't have them i just make my son keep the volume down but you could use any headphones.
App cards aren't necessary as you can pay with a credit card in the app center if you chose to. Downloadable apps are anything from book. games, music, vidoes. Where the cartridge stuff is just games and they are more expensive. Ebooks are just that a book that is read to you child there are also ultra ebooks which are a book and game combined.
My son will be 4 1/2 and he likes dora, cars, pet pals 1&2, pixar pals, Mr pencil for apps he likes the stretchy monkey games, jewel train, roly poly picnic.

vonfirmath
12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
We are giving one to DS2 for Christmas. We already have the charger. Do we have to get that gel skin? It just looks like a little piece of plastic that fits over the back. It doesn't even protect the screen, does it? How about a case? Headphones? Can you use headphones other than the Leapfrog ones?

Should I purchase an app card? How do the downloadable "apps" differ from the packaged software you can buy. And what are those ebooks? How do they differ from the game titles?

Would love to hear your favorite games for a 4 yr old boy.

Thanks!

We have the Leapfrog case (To put the Leapfrog in and protect the screen when not in use). And several downloadable games (in fact the only games that get used are downloadable):

Mr. Pencil is the current favorite.
Also this picnic bugs game. -- roly poly picnic
He likes Pet Pals and I want to get him Pet Pals 2. But Pet Pals requires attaching to the computer everyday to get food and treats and that's a pain.

He's getting a $20 app card for Christmas to choose some more games with. (Albright how do you put the credit card directly in? I thought I tried that and it would only accept app codes?)

The game cards are TINY -- smaller than for the Leapster. So I really prefer the downloadable games.

AlbrightRC
12-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Actually Pet Pad is the one that requires you to download food and shampoo and it will depend how quickly your child feeds and baths the pet how often you will have to do that. Pet Pals and Pet Pals 2 you earn money playing the game and buy them in game.
In the app center if you put the apps you want in your cart when you go to check out you can just put in a credit card #.

PAfirsttimemom
12-18-2012, 01:01 PM
We have the Leapfrog case (To put the Leapfrog in and protect the screen when not in use). And several downloadable games (in fact the only games that get used are downloadable):

Mr. Pencil is the current favorite.
Also this picnic bugs game. -- roly poly picnic
He likes Pet Pals and I want to get him Pet Pals 2. But Pet Pals requires attaching to the computer everyday to get food and treats and that's a pain.

He's getting a $20 app card for Christmas to choose some more games with. (Albright how do you put the credit card directly in? I thought I tried that and it would only accept app codes?)

The game cards are TINY -- smaller than for the Leapster. So I really prefer the downloadable games.

Mr. Pencil is currently 9.99 on amazon. What is the price in the app store?
http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Explorer-Learning-Game-Doodleburg/dp/B0038AT564

AlbrightRC
12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Mr Pencil for $9.99 is definitly a good deal.