PDA

View Full Version : Bundleme for infant?

Jupiter
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I just received a bundleme for my shower. I just noticed it says 1-3 years. Can it be used for under a year? I'm a little bummed now.

Kaylee31
12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes, I've used a toddler size with both of my children in strollers when they were infants as soon as it was cold enough. Actually, I think the infant one is a waste of money since they are grown out of so quickly. Most people seem to use the infant size for carseats, but it's not safe to have anything between the child and the seat other than lightweight coats; the straps will be too loose in case of an accident. A shower-cap carseat cover like this is what I use.http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Seat-Cover-Khaki/dp/B003ZUXQXU/

AJP
12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Use it in the stroller! It should fit your infant fine and leave growing room for next winter. Like PP said, not safe for the carseat. We also used the shower cap style cover for the infant seat.

#2ontheway
12-18-2012, 12:00 AM
I know it's not a popular perspective on this board, but just as an fyi I felt perfectly comfortable using my BundleMe with my infant in his carseat (I think ours was an infant size, though, so I hope this doesn't come across as a thread hijack). I actually wrote to BundleMe about it and here was their response:

"We have conducted over 15 evaluations of various infant/convertible car seats covering a mix of brands and price points. We do not provide details specific to the test, the testing facility or the infant/convertible car seats evaluated. Evaluations are performed by the same laboratory utilized by the U.S. Government (NHTSA) for their Annual Fiscal Year Testing Program. Tests were conducted to determine objectively whether or not the bundleme product had any effect on the restraint systems compliance with FMVSS No. 213. The results from these tests “indicated that the child restraint system, with the JJ Cole Bundleme product installed, complied with the Restraint System Integrity and Occupant Excursion portions of the FMVSS 213 requirements.”"

tmahanes
12-18-2012, 12:34 AM
I would use it in the stroller but not ever in the car seat unless it happened to be the shower cap style that did not go behind the baby's back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Jupiter
12-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I know it's not a popular perspective on this board, but just as an fyi I felt perfectly comfortable using my BundleMe with my infant in his carseat (I think ours was an infant size, though, so I hope this doesn't come across as a thread hijack). I actually wrote to BundleMe about it

Thanks, I don't see how the bundleme is thicker thank a light jacket. It is not poofy but was afraid to ask.

tmahanes
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks, I don't see how the bundleme is thicker thank a light jacket. It is not poofy but was afraid to ask.

I think it is more the fact that they can interfere with the straps and the correct placement and tightness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

swissair81
12-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00511J6BM/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1355846906&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
Love it.