PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who vs Guess Who Extra?

KrisM
12-17-2012, 11:55 PM
What's the difference and which do you recommend?

DD's class last year had Guess Who Extra and she's been asking for it for a while. It was much more than regular Guess Who, so I opted for Guess Who. Now, the Extra version is $11.99 on Amazon, which is great. I'm thinking I should get that and keep the regular as a gift closet gift instead. But, I don't really know the differences.

jenstring95
12-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I have been wondering that same thing. I read the reviews on Amazon, and it seems like the extra version is better rated. It has more cards and (if I am comparing it to the right "regular" version) it seems to be sturdier/better made. I know the extra version uses batteries for some sort of yes/no type thing after the player makes a guess (I'm assuming maybe a dinging noise for yes and a buzzer sound for no or something like that), and there is an electronic timer too. Most of the reviews I read seem to indicate that the addition of the electronic component was unnecessary, and it sounds like the game is completely usable even if you don't put batteries in it. The more cards convinced me, and the fact that the extra version is now cheaper than the regular version. I just ordered it from Amazon a few minutes ago. I hope I made the right choice!

essnce629
12-18-2012, 04:02 AM
Not to make you even more confused, but Guess Who Mix and Mash is super fun too! We have it and the regular Guess Who, and both DS1 and I definitely prefer it over the regular Guess Who. I bought it for DS1's 3rd grade class last year (they asked for games for rainy days) and the kids really enjoyed it. DS1 always plays it multiple times in a row with my mom whenever she comes to visit or we visit her. There's just so many more options and the silly face combinations are hilarious.

http://www.amazon.com/Guess-Who-Mix-and-Mash/dp/B0036RIOV6/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355817503&sr=1-1&keywords=guess+who+mix+and+mash