PDA

View Full Version : Another "I can't breathe thru my nose" thread

Nooknookmom
12-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Man this is awful. Took all the meds I have , incl. steroid nasal spray. I used my sinus rinse-took a hot bath, steamed face over hot lot of water.b I even used Vicks and I don't like Vicks.

Just want to sleep! Is that too much to ask???!

crl
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
:hug: hope you got some sleep.

Catherine

misshollygolightly
12-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you got some relief! Sleeping with a humidifier on all through the winter helps me a lot. Breathe right strips sometimes help, too--they don't make a huge difference for me, but at least I can use them on top of whatever meds and sprays I want. Also, elevating your head with an extra pillow can sometimes help. I'm sure you've tried everything already, but hopefully you can find a winning combination!

Melbel
12-18-2012, 01:52 PM
We have been having good luck with grapefruit seed extract nasal spray (anti fungal and natural antibiotic). I hope you feel better soon!

jal
12-18-2012, 02:48 PM
You'll listed medications... I find the Afrin is my best friend at a time like this. I usually have to make sure I limit the dosage because if you use it too much (as in days) it can make the sinus situation worst.

mypa
12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
When it gets really bad, Afrin is the only thing that will work for me. It's so nice to be able to breath again.

lizzywednesday
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh I hear you! I hate that the air in our house gets so freakin' dry with the heat on ... my sinuses have been on the fritz for a week. (Which explains why I got sick as soon as the weather turned - we turned the heat on!)

The past couple of days, I've been drinking Celestial Seasonings wellness teas - they have an Echinacea Complete Cold Care with eucalyptus & mint and a Sinus Soother version of their Sleepytime tea (added eucalyptus) that have been helping me a little.

I've also been using Badger Balm's cold relief chest balm - it's eucalyptus & spearmint, which isn't as strong as the menthol in Vick's, but it seems to help. (I dab it under my nose as well as on my chest.)

Sorry for the brand-name shill, especially in a BP(!), and hope you find some sort of relief soon!