PDA

View Full Version : Help my memory- newborn in snug ride 35

amom526
12-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Ds2 is almost 5 weeks. He is a big little guy-almost 11.5 pounds and 22 inches tall. Right now I have him on the lowest strap settings with the full body infant insert. I can't remember at all what I did with ds1, but he seems reall squished. I feel like I can barely get the straps over his shoulders, but the next setting up seems way too high. Is it bad to take out the infant insert this early? Would his head be too floppy?

Thanks!

pinay
12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Is your infant insert in one part or two? DD2 is a little bigger than your DS, but we only use the top half of the insert for her and its been fine. We are still using the bottom slats for the harness, but will probably be moving up in the next few weeks.

amom526
12-18-2012, 02:57 PM
It's only one part, I wish it was 2

Joolsplus2
12-19-2012, 10:56 AM
You can take out the insert, and if you have head flop, you can roll up some receiving blankets like burritos and put them on the sides of his head (or the 'Cradler'--Summer Infant brand, I think--is a good choice for head pads, it's basically the same size as rolled blankets but it has a thin velcro strap on the back to keep it in place and won't interfere with harness fit at all).