PDA

View Full Version : What did your kids request for Christmas?

sunnyside
12-18-2012, 04:59 PM
My 2.5 yo girl asked for lights for her Christmas tree (we hadn't put them on yet) and extra buttons, like the ones that came with my winter coat. I tried to get her to think of something else, but she is new to the whole idea and wouldn't budge.

indigo99
12-18-2012, 05:20 PM
DS wants a red vacuum, a rocket, and a jeep.

ljackson
12-18-2012, 05:23 PM
DD wants the Lego Friends house. DS wants "a packing peanut". (He means a craft thing that is essentially coloured packing peanuts that you can stick together to make a lion when they are damp - he saw it in a store.)

Tenasparkl
12-18-2012, 05:26 PM
My DD wants some tiny mermaid toys that she plays with at school. We had to ask to get into the classroom to take a picture to figure out what they were. Turns out they were happy meal toys from 2 years ago. Thankfully ebay had them new in package!

Dream
12-18-2012, 05:32 PM
DD1 wants a barbie doll and princesses. I tried to find out which princess but she wouldn't specify. I'm thinking of picking up a Disney animator doll for her. DD2 of course doesn't even talk yet.

mackmama
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
These are hysterical! DC is not yet 2 so we are not there yet, but I love hearing these cute requests.

BabyBearsMom
12-18-2012, 05:36 PM
DD1 asked for a real live owl. When I told her Santa can't take live animals on his sleigh she shrugged and asked for hair clips and Elmo books. Clearly to her these things are on par with a live owl

lmh2402
12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
DS has provided a very specific list:
1. a car, truck and van that all say "coca cola"

2. a pepsi truck (noticing a theme?... and in case anyone is wondering, he has never had either of these drinks…but he is obsessed with the trucks. He loves beer trucks too :bag- talk about humiliating when I get him out of the car on a crowded street only to have him start yelling, “look, it’s a coors light truck, and a Heineken truck, and OH MY GOD, it’s the blue moon truck!!!” you can imagine the looks I have gotten)

3. the "E" subway train...begrudgingly requested after a major tantrum when he was told that unfortunately NYC doesn't make an "H" train

4. "rainbow" chapstick - he already has yellow, and he now wants tubes in all the other colors of the rainbow

oh, and one more small thing...a minivan. a real one. his rationale is:
he and DD and the dog "are three people. and we three people want a third car (apparently he asked DD and the dog and they told him yes, more than anything they want a blue minivan), so santa should bring it b/c we need to have a car with a sliding door just like everyone else."

and to further his argument, he also informed me the other day that not only are "three people" asking for this third car, but that he himself IS THREE. and therefore, being three means that he should have a third car.

he will be most disappointed Christmas morning. i have found the chapsticks and the cars...but there will be no minivan.

babyonway
12-18-2012, 05:41 PM
My 2.5 yo girl asked for lights for her Christmas tree (we hadn't put them on yet) and extra buttons, like the ones that came with my winter coat. I tried to get her to think of something else, but she is new to the whole idea and wouldn't budge.

Hee hee all my 2.5 year old wants is cake :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

endlessheather
12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Well DS has wanted a Nintendo 3ds with the new Mario but today on the way to school he tells me that what he wants most of all is a fort for the backyard that is wind proof, water proof, sun proof and would keep him toasting warm in the winter or cool in the summer.......um yah I dunno where that came from!

maestramommy
12-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Arwyn wanted an Alice doll (Angelina Ballerina's friends), so she is getting that. Then she and Laurel really want a purple purse like Dora has. It's just a cheap satiny looking thing with a metal clasp. And they all suddenly decided they wanted mob caps (called sleeping caps, like the one Mrs. Zookeeper wears on Goodnight Gorilla). And Dora wanted clothes for her Angelina doll. So guess who is going to be diy sewing like a crazy person between now and next Tuesday?

We also got Laurel one of those Lego build and rebuild sets in blue.

vonfirmath
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
maestramommy: My fondest memories of gifts, honestly, are the ones that were put together/had personal attention from my parents. The clothes my mom made for my Mandy doll. The dollhouse they assembled and decorated. etc.

(I don't remember playing with my Mandy doll much, but I remember unwrapping those clothes and carefully taking care of them, etc because of the care my mom did to make them!)

essnce629
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
My 2.5 yo girl asked for lights for her Christmas tree (we hadn't put them on yet) and extra buttons

DS2 (3 1/2 yrs) also asked for buttons! He also asked for Pokemon cards (like his big brother) and Magna-Tiles (I've been hyping them up for over a year)!

Indianamom2
12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Dd was tough...she wanted a couple of Nintendo Ds games and books and a jewelry box from the Disney store, which unfortunately was gone by the time I got back there.

Ds wants the Imaginext Eagle Talon Castle and the "Amazing Hulk" costume...and everything else ever made for boys. He'll be thrilled with anything....he's pretty easy-going.

tmahanes
12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Hee hee all my 2.5 year old wants is cake :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I think that was on one of B's lists. :) The only consistent thing has been a guitar....a lightening McQueen guitar. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Binkandabee
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
DD#1 wants a How to Train Your Dragon Toothless stuffed animal. The problem here is 1) they don't make such a thing as far as I can tell 2) I don't sew and 3) the ones on etsy are ridiculously pricey. For the 2nd year in a row, she's not getting her #1 wish! Maybe next year when the sequel comes out I can find one. At least I'm hoping that's the case.

DD#2 wants me to not have to clean the house again....I told her, that's what I want, too!

Kindra178
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Ds1 one asked for the following:

a gray scooter (meaning a razor as opposed to his maxi kick)
wii
ipad (he's getting a basic kindle fire)
a few arthur books

mctlaw
12-18-2012, 06:26 PM
All DS1 wanted was a skateboard, we prodded for a couple other small things and he said board games and science kits!

I am not thrilled about the skateboard since he just got rollerblades from his grandparents which are getting minimal use, but since it's all he really wanted, he will get it.

maestramommy
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
maestramommy: My fondest memories of gifts, honestly, are the ones that were put together/had personal attention from my parents. The clothes my mom made for my Mandy doll. The dollhouse they assembled and decorated. etc.

(I don't remember playing with my Mandy doll much, but I remember unwrapping those clothes and carefully taking care of them, etc because of the care my mom did to make them!)

That is really cool:love5: Hopefully my kids will feel the same way, though their desires are really capricious. And I am not a seamstress, lol. So everything always looks very...cough..handmade. :loveeyes:

georgiegirl
12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Dd (6.5) wants rainbow yarn (for finger knitting), balloons (ones she can blow up herself), a specific rainbow magic fairy book, lego friends camper, and a diary.

DS (3) mostly wants Legos and packages of minifigs. He also wants more cars, airplanes, trucks, etc., but he already has too many of those.

vonfirmath
12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
That is really cool:love5: Hopefully my kids will feel the same way, though their desires are really capricious. And I am not a seamstress, lol. So everything always looks very...cough..handmade. :loveeyes:

My mom is not a seamstress either. IT DIDN'T matter! She made simple stuff and it was beautiful.

ETA: My dad is the seamstress in our family. Or the tailor since that is how they call it. He taught himself. But if there were imperfections in the sewing I never saw them. There were a few dresses and a sleeping bag. Back then, Mandy dresses came with patterns for doll clothes. She divided up the clothes they bought between my sister and I and made 2 copies of all the patterns and gave us each one.

SnuggleBuggles
12-18-2012, 07:34 PM
From Santa:
Ds2- magic apple seeds so he can grow an apple tree. He doesn't even like apples. He wants nothing else from anyone else.

Ds1- nothing. Argh!

Ds1 would like Nerf, Legos and some games too.

YouAreTheFocus
12-18-2012, 07:45 PM
My 3 yo only wants one thing "the real Buzz" (Lightyear). We are hoping the $50 one with all the bells and whistles will suffice--not sure if he will consider it "real" or not. He has a smaller Buzz figure which he refers to as "the pretend Buzz." :rotflmao:

When pressed to come up with something else, it was "A steam train. A REAL steam train." So apparently the Peg Perego one on tracks in the backyard doesn't cut it.

vonfirmath
12-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Would a DVD work?

schrocat
12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
My 4 year old and 2 year old haven't asked me for anything for Christmas. My 7 year old wants the Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle.

Claki
12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
DS1 (age 3) wants a drum set with cymbols and drum player sticks. And he wants a "kids flash light" this was after I told him daddy's maglite isn't for kids.

hillview
12-18-2012, 08:45 PM
DS1 asked for a specific lego set
DS2 asked for a remote control motorcycle (this is TOUGH to find, but got one), a chair shaped like a baseball glove (ARGH)

Then DS1 heard about the baseball glove chair and decided he ALSO wanted one.

Stab self in the eye.

brittone2
12-18-2012, 09:32 PM
DS1-Lego, Hailfire, but really isn't finding himself *super* enthused about anything. THe first year ever. However, he did say Santa would pick something he likes, and he knows it will be good. No pressure ;)

DD has been set on the AG doll Kit for...oh, a year.

DS2 gets it this year, but when you ask him what he wants for Christmas he says "teeny tiny red toys" with his fingers held an inch apart and one eye semi squinted shut :rotflmao: If I ask him for more specifics..."what kind of toy?" I get an enthusiastic..."RED ONES!" every single time. Ummmm...okay. That's all he has said for 2 months!

twowhat?
12-18-2012, 09:37 PM
From Santa:

"A castle."
"Rapunzel's real Mommy and Daddy."
"A butterfly. Not a soft one. A hard one, with a button that you push and the wings flap."

wifecat
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Ds wants an Elmo Towel from Santa (and thank you, Kohls, for making that request easy) and a dream lite, and dd wants a Dora ballet doll, more magnatiles, a lalaloopsy soft doll (jewel sparkles), a dream lite, and Abby Cadaby slippers.

Kymberley
12-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Me: DS, what do you want for Christmas?

DS: Blank stare.

He doesn't care, lol. All he really wants is a big boy bed. He'll be happy Christmas morning. :)

LMPC
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
DD (age 4) asked for a "safety kit" (she means a first aid kit), a microphone, and a bow and arrow (but this is only because her bestie asked for one).

KDsMommy
12-18-2012, 10:10 PM
DS asked for "a tiger castle" i.e. the Imaginext Samurai Tiger Castle.

He's also asked for just about every "boy toy" there is out there...

oh...and an Easy Bake Oven. :love5:

jgenie
12-18-2012, 10:14 PM
DS1 - Cars Diecast cars specifically Frank and Bessie because they don't make them anymore but Santa will have some (thank heaven for ebay :))

DS2 - a jackhammer and the carbacabana from Mater Tales - you just catch a glimpse of this in the movie but I have no idea how to replicate it so he's getting the jackhammer and a Bruder cement mixer

Fairy
12-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Magic treehouse books. I was shocked. Sat on santa's lap and said he wanted books. I was shocked, he'd been wanting hogwarts lego 2007, so that was a shock and he's stuck to it. Score!

vludmilla
12-18-2012, 11:15 PM
DD wants a nutcracker (the Christmas decoration, not a real one) and a pillow pet dream light. Last year she only wanted a yo yo, nothing else.

oneplustwo
12-18-2012, 11:37 PM
This thread has me cracking up. Love it!

My kids are older and are pretty much past the age of unusual/creative requests.

DD, 11, can only think of a cell phone as a request. She knows that's not an option for right now though. She said her best friend has an awesome, loooooong list of requests, but the things on it that she would have asked for herself she already has (a puppy, a camera). Fortunately she's pretty content right now!

On the other hand, twin DSs, 9, have very clear ideas. One of my boys has cycled through wanting 1. a canoe, 2. a kayak, 3. a paddle boat, and 4. a go kart. He has settled on asking Santa for a big Lego Ninjago set. My other son wrote a letter to Santa back in . . . September maybe? . . . and put it by the fireplace, where it's been hanging out for months. He hopes Santa will bring him one Twisted Tempo beyblade and three Flame Byxis beyblades. He's hoping mom and dad give him a case to carry all his beyblades in!

Fairy
12-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Wait, Forgot about 5he easy bake oven! Yes, ds has wanted this for years! This is his year! Considering the stupid $ we spent on the out of print lego sandcrawler last year, this year we are happy to put up a smidge.for books and an easy bake oven! I wish they made one in boy colors woth boys on the box. He says it's unfair they do the commercials for girls cuz he likes to bake too.

Reina
12-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Me: Mon chou, what do you want for christmas?
DS: maman, I want a shark, a seahorse, a firetruck, a puppy... no five puppies, an emergency (he means ambulance), a penguin, a red couch, four trains, a school bus, kids, a snowman.. hmmm...
Me: You sure that's it?
DS: Oh and a carrot.
Me: Ok baby. Night night.

maybeebaby08
12-19-2012, 12:24 AM
DD1 wants Lalaloopsy sheets & pillow that she saw at Target and were so soft "she always wanted and needed them." She also asked for this creepy "baby popper" doll where the eyes pop out and are interchangeable to be awake or asleep.

kristenk
12-19-2012, 12:26 AM
A miniature robot alpaca that she can ride.

DD specializes in asking Santa for things that she thinks would be cool and are not found in stores (or anywhere on earth, for that matter).

Oh, or a trampoline. (Not going to happen.)

lkarp
12-19-2012, 01:23 AM
My 2 year old wants a coffee maker. I asked her if she wanted a toy coffee maker for her kitchen she responded, "No a REAL one!"

citymama
12-19-2012, 02:24 AM

There must be a toddler theme here. My 2.5 year old asked for a Christmas tree in her stocking from Santa and a squeezie of apple sauce! She won't budge either. Anyone have any ideas for a toy Christmas tree?

My 6.5 yr old OTOH, has a much longer list. Matching American Girl Doll PJs for her and her future doll (to be bought by grandma next week in store), matching slippers for her doll and herself, stuffed toy guinea pig, stuffed toy owl, Rainbow Magic Fairies boxed set, and a candy cane. She's a bit more savvy!

A miniature robot alpaca that she can ride.

My 2 year old wants a coffee maker. I asked her if she wanted a toy coffee maker for her kitchen she responded, "No a REAL one!"

:rotflmao::hysterical::rotflmao:

rin
12-19-2012, 03:11 AM
DD (2.5) asked for a family of pigs in a box. She's getting a family of Schleich pigs, quite possibly nestled cozily in an old shoebox.

elliput
12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Disney Princess Ultimate Dream Castle. Somehow she managed to navigate her way around Amazon to land upon this several months ago. She started revisiting it in early November and has been talking about it ever since. I kept trying to gently turn her interest elsewhere with no avail. Finally, just this Sunday, I straight up told her Santa is not bringing the dream castle. She looked slightly perplexed, pondered on it for a few seconds, and said "Ok, how about a My Little Pony microphone?".

As it happens, I made a trip to Target on Monday and noticed that there were no dream castles in stock anymore. :rotflmao:

This year has been difficult to find gifts because we are moving next month and I don't want to add anything large to what we own right now. DD would not have gotten the dream castle, regardless.:wink2:

emily_gracesmama
12-19-2012, 10:50 AM
For their Santa list, My five year old wants a rocking horse (she's too big for one) and a duck for her tub (she takes showers now) so she isn't getting either of those. In general everything they asked for they aren't getting. The older one wanted the Disney princess castle and princess dolls which got crappy reviews and they have a Barbie house already and a ton of barbies since my moons friends daughter gave us all hers. I can't see buying something we basically already own. I got her a dream light even though I felt it was basically another stuffed animal because it was the semi realistic thing she asked Santa for. That was the trouble coming up with something on their Santa letters to get them from 'him'