PDA

View Full Version : DH that is just gross - TMI on weird oral hygiene

belovedgandp
12-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Since DH would not be amused if I shared this with any IRL friends, I'll just gripe here about his disgusting, cheap, gross, you name it flossing practice.

He reuses dental floss for days and it skeeves me out.

There I said it....bleck. He pulls off a piece, flosses, puts it in "his" drawer in the vanity, and then pulls it out the next night to use again. Repeat for several days. No idea why. I've pointed out the trash can right next to him. I've bought a stockpile of floss. That drawer of his is a catch-all of saline, deodorant, toothpaste, vitamin bottles, hairbrushes and floss intertwined in the middle of it.

Please assure me this is not normal. The man is generally clean and doesn't have other hoarder tendencies, but this is weird.

boogiemom
12-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Definitely ewwwww. Sorry. :-(

MamaMolly
12-18-2012, 10:23 PM
I would so totally sneak a fresh piece in there every night. ;) What he doesn't know won't gross you out!

wellyes
12-18-2012, 10:30 PM
I would just never, ever look in that drawer.

KLD313
12-18-2012, 11:01 PM
My friends husband does this! She's hates him though and would run it around the rim of the toilet and out it back. So gross on all counts!

Nicsmom
12-19-2012, 12:13 AM
I would so totally sneak a fresh piece in there every night. ;) What he doesn't know won't gross you out!

yep! my thoughts exactly.

MMMommy
12-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Definitely gross. Does he perhaps rinse it after use? That would make it better than tossing a plaque laden floss back into the drawer.

hillview
12-19-2012, 04:08 PM
YICK! pretty gross although if you think about it so is reusing a toothbrush.

m4nash
12-19-2012, 04:41 PM

:yeahthat: My children's dentist told us it was fine for them to reuse those little plastic flosser things several times, but I don't let them. It just seems gross and my kids would probably forget which was whose.

BabyBearsMom
12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Bleck!! I would just throw it out every day so he has to take a new one.

belovedgandp
12-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the commiserations. I don't want to dive into that drawer on the best of days, so I ignore him. We normally aren't in the bathroom at the same time, but it just grosses me out when I see him do it.

kmak
12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I seems to me that this would be contrary to the reason for flossing (as well as gross). The point of flossing is to remove material that would cause bacteria from forming in the mouth correct? I'm sure bacteria will grow in the dark, damp drawer as well, correct? so, by re-using the floss you're just introducing more bacteria. Maybe that could change his mind. although, my experience with husbanks is that they won't listen to reason. :)

queenmama
12-20-2012, 11:11 AM

Aw, man, I never thought of it that way! Grotty!! Makes me want to use the UV light on my Sonicare after every brushing, but I always forget!

Lara