PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need gift ideas for 11 yr old niece and 8 yr old nephew

citymama
12-19-2012, 12:00 AM
11 yr old niece and 8 y o nephew - both sporty, soccer players. Nephew plays baseball too and is into his iTouch. Niece is a big reader and still into her AG dolls (but not for long). I want to spend up to $50 each. I might take them to the theater plus a $25ish gift each or just get something for $50 each. GC to sports store would make their parents very happy but it would be my last resort. Any ideas? Amazon or B&M store ideas would be best so they can make it here in time! Thanks!!!

sunnyside
12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
11 year niece - Jewelry box, bracelet making kits (there are some cute ones out there... not sure for the nephew.. I may think some more and come back...
My 9 year old niece loves anything crafty, likes her AG doll, and is into "rock star" stuff..

oneplustwo
12-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Do they have something like the Franklin Sports soccer rebound net?

http://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Sports-Adjustable-Rebounder-6-Feet/dp/B00004NKIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355892717&sr=8-1&keywords=soccer+rebound+net

We got it for DD last year when she was 10; it's a big hit with her and her then-8, now-9 yo twin brothers (they all play soccer).

Or you could take them to the theater like you mentioned and then give them each a smaller gift like an Adidas sports bag with a water bottle to use with their sports activities?

Adidas drawstring sports sack:
http://www.amazon.com/Adidas-Alliance-Sport-Sackpack-Black/dp/B0071J9AHM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355893037&sr=8-1&keywords=adidas+alliance+sports+sack

ETA: Nice thing about the sports sacks is you can pick out their fave colors.

citymama
12-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Thanks, both of you! I'll ask their folks about that rebound net. It looks perfect, to be honest. I could do theater tickets plus the net...hmm. Promising. Keep the ideas coming!

fivi2
12-19-2012, 08:24 AM
When my nephews hit that age, I would give them a "certificate" to go to a store with me and spend $50. I didn't do a particular gift card so they could pick what store, and so they would go with me. (for a while it was a fun local toy store, then it ended up being more tween things). Now they are both fully teens, I just give cash or a gift card (plus a small item from my girls - like a book or something).