PDA

View Full Version : How long does regular/old school nail polish last on you?

wendibird22
12-19-2012, 10:13 AM
I have wicked soft nails. I keep them super short. I like how they look polished. I HATE that polish lasts like 1 day, 2 if I'm lucky. I use a base coat and a top coat. I use Opi and Essie and quality brands. I work a desk job and don't have my hands in water often. I swear I look at my fingers and the polish chips off. And I'm not talking about it just starting to wear off/chip at the top of the nail but huge chips and peels. I've tried using nail strengthening products like Nailtiques but those literally just peel right off my nails in one big sheet taking a top layer of nail I'm sure.

Am I the only one who has this problem? I always see women with beautiful polished nails and I know their nails are their own. I'm jealous!

crl
12-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm the same. I just don't bother.

Catherine

kboyle
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
i use CND Stickey as my base coat, 2-3 coats of Essie or OPI, and Seche Vite as my top coat...i can go 2 full weeks. I find that since i'm doing them and can push/snip my cuticles i get longer wear then when i get a shellac or opi gel done. they generally don't push and snip as well as i do.

lutefisk
12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Different base/top coats work better on some people and worse on others. If you experiment with Stickey (orly Bonder may also help) and different brands, you may get some more time out of each manicure. Expensive polish may turn out to wear worse on you than cheaper polish...it's all about body chemistry. Possibly swiping your nail with rubbing alcohol or np remover right before applying base coat may help also. Hth!

Sopamanda
12-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I use Stickey as base and seche as top with several coats of OPI.

Maybe 2 days without a chip.

I gave up.

Mikey0709
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I actually have better luck with cheaper polish...even the .99 stuff that's like paint! Tends to last a little longer, and is harder to get off but I can go another day or two.

mackmama
12-19-2012, 01:09 PM
A few days before chipping. No more than a week before looking pretty bad.

amldaley
12-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm the same. I just don't bother.

Catherine

:yeahthat: I try to keep them short, shaped, clean and if I get around to it, I buff them to give them a little shine.

AnnieW625
12-19-2012, 01:25 PM
On my toes I can go almost a month, but 3 days max on my fingers and I get the best wear from Chanel or Deborah Lipmann polish. I don't do my fingers often at all. I use Stickey Base Coat, and Deborah Lippmann's On a Clear Day top coat. I tried Seche Vite base and top coats and the base coat was okay, but the top coat was a sticky mess and a pita to deal with. I also like the Healthy Hoof top coat.