PDA

View Full Version : Hampers

swrc00
12-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I know not an exciting topic. I am looking for a hamper to put in the hallway to put both DSs' clothes in. It needs to be something narrow and somewhat nice looking. I have used a laundry basket for quite some time and I just want something nicer looking and with a lid.

I am also looking for one for DH and I to have in our bedroom. Space not really an issue and not really concerned about presentation.

Thanks!

ExcitedMamma
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Can't say enough about how much I love the Oxo hamper!

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Flex-Lid-Hamper/dp/B003M8GMWM/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356033063&sr=1-1&keywords=oxo+hamper

There are two sizes and a few color options. Loved it so much we now have 6! Makes it so easy to sort clothes now! Plus it's wipe able which comes in handy with kids clothes. It's so easy to just remove the top and bring it downstairs to do laundry. I love that now each type of laundry has its own hamper I know when I need to put a load up. Bonus points for its ability to stand up to DS playing on it when it's sideways on floor.

swrc00
12-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks! I was actually looking at that one.

swrc00
12-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Can't say enough about how much I love the Oxo hamper!

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Flex-Lid-Hamper/dp/B003M8GMWM/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356033063&sr=1-1&keywords=oxo+hamper

There are two sizes and a few color options. Loved it so much we now have 6! Makes it so easy to sort clothes now! Plus it's wipe able which comes in handy with kids clothes. It's so easy to just remove the top and bring it downstairs to do laundry. I love that now each type of laundry has its own hamper I know when I need to put a load up. Bonus points for its ability to stand up to DS playing on it when it's sideways on floor.

I have never had so much love for a hamper. We have only had it for three days, but seriously I love it. I plan on buying two more! Thanks so much for your reply.

Happynest
12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
I have to get one of these!! It looks awesome.

Is the tall one about 1 load of laundry when full or larger than that? We have a regular top loading machine.

lmwbasye
12-25-2012, 01:31 AM
We love love love the Oxo one too!!

swrc00
12-25-2012, 09:19 AM
I have to get one of these!! It looks awesome.

Is the tall one about 1 load of laundry when full or larger than that? We have a regular top loading machine.

I am not sure, what it will end up being load wise. I would think larger than that. I will update when I start doing laundry.

I was really sort of concerned about the modern look of it, because we have a very traditional home. It honestly just blends right in.

swrc00
12-29-2012, 11:53 AM
I am not sure, what it will end up being load wise. I would think larger than that. I will update when I start doing laundry.

I was really sort of concerned about the modern look of it, because we have a very traditional home. It honestly just blends right in.

It is more than a load. It held about a week's worth of clothes for two people, one adult and one child.