PDA

View Full Version : If you are writing a note/letter to your child's teacher

lovin2shop
12-20-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm not at all eloquent, but in light of the tragedy, I would like to actually write a heart felt note to my DS's teachers rather than just signing a card. I'm having a hard time composing something on my own, and I know that we have some very good writers here! Any suggestions, or if you have already done this, would you mind sharing what you wrote?

larig
12-20-2012, 02:04 PM
I kept it short and simple..."thank you for all you do to keep our kids safe and happy." Followed by typical holiday stuff.

hillview
12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Thank you for all that you do to support DS at school.

maestramommy
12-20-2012, 06:25 PM
I actually did not mention the tragedy to the teachers, though I think to Arwyn's classroom assistant I did thank her for keeping her safe; it was in reference to an FB exchange we had. I thanked them for what they have done for our girls this term, specifically about them. For the principal and vice principal I said a little more, but not specifically about the tragedy. I'm already very grateful to the staff at school for other things, and wanted to talk about them instead.

fedoragirl
12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Thank you for all that you do to support DS at school.

:yeahthat: It's a sad day when a teacher's job encompasses keeping our kids safe (as the tragedy) in such a way.
I would just thank them in general. I am sure it would be appreciated no matter how you wrote it.