PDA

View Full Version : Returning online-purchased gifts to TRU

legaleagle
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
So my dad just came by with a tricycle (still NIB) that would be great if he hadn't purchased the exact same thing last year. He bought it online from TRU and will forward me the email receipt. Is it worth my time & aggravation to return to TRU? Can I return to the store or will it need to be shipped back? Should I just give it to daycare instead?

candaceb
12-20-2012, 02:50 PM
when I returned an online purchase to the store, they would only give me a gift card even though I had the receipt.

TwoBees
12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can return it to the store, but only for store credit. Their policy stinks, IMO, but here it is:

Online purchases can also be returned to any Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store location for merchandise credit when returned within 90 days of the purchase date.

MMMommy
12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes, returnable but only for store credit. Which is a crappy policy, if you ask me. Any online purchases returned to the store results in issuing of store credit. Even if you purchase the TRU item online for "pickup in store," that item is designated a TRU.com purchase that can also only be returned for store credit.

legaleagle
12-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Good to know. Can the store credit be used online or only in store?