PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get...deal itch?

wifecat
12-20-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm not even sure how to put it, but getting deals totally gives me this little (ok, sometimes big) rush! If I get a really really good deal, sometimes I can't even sleep well because I'm thinking about it getting cancelled (since most of my deals are online!). And, after the deal is complete, I'm always in a rush to find a new deal - like it becomes an obsession where I have to keep looking for what my next big deal will be. I will spend WAY too much time looking for this next deal - and it has to be on something we need/want - I don't just jump on any deal.

I realize it sounds like I'm mocking drug addiction or something, and I'm totally not. But I think this is definitely a bit...abnormal. Tell me this happens to other deal hunters.

Binkandabee
12-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Who doesn't love a good deal?

I think it only becomes problematic if you end up spending money to save it...as in you buy something you never intended to buy simply because it was a good deal. I have to resist this urge myself...but I do pretty good these days. This hasn't always been the case, but I've learned my lesson!

wellyes
12-20-2012, 05:54 PM
It is really fun. It's kind of like gambling, there's just a short amount of time, and if you're lucky and play your cards right, you can get great stuff for a fraction of what most people pay. It's exhilarating. Until the bills come in and you finally see what you SPENT vs what you saved!

turtle12
12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Yup, it's bad when the first thing I want to do in the morning is check that huge amazon thread in the bargain section. :)

wifecat
12-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Yup, it's bad when the first thing I want to do in the morning is check that huge amazon thread in the bargain section. :)

Ditto. And it's the only time of year I pop in on slickdeals multiple times a day...