PDA

View Full Version : Best Physical Medium for Photos: Traditional Album, Photobook, Other?

sste
12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
So far we have kept all of our pictures digital. Now that the kids are older I thought some physical books would be nice for them to look through. I am a print quality snob and would like the resolution to be very nice given the $$$ of my dslr camera!

This dates me. But I am used to the physical photo album with pockets which has the disadvantages of clunkiness and also the photo pockets make the photos appear less sharp. I know there are also photo books one can make on mpix or similar but I don't know if the print quality looks worse, lower resolution, etc. than the old fashioned album approach.

Advice? TIA!

kcimato
12-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I am a big fan of the phtobooks that I have made at

www.adoramapix.com

I recently took a few photography courses and this is the one they recommended. A lot of professional photographers use them and also wedding photographers. It is so amazing what you can do with their books. They offer classes on how to use their site. It's not hard but there are so many options available for you to use. They often run % off on their books. I like to make them ahead of time, then wait for the sale.

The quality and resolution is great..
The Photo paper they use is a very high quality. There are 2 to choose from. Their books open up flat with no sseam. One of my looks like a board book.

Give them a try.