PDA

View Full Version : Are there ever any deals on the Big Green Egg?

happy2bamom
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
When I googled it someone (from 2009) mentioned getting one at a great price from SAMS Club. I'm not a member there but when I called to inquire they had no idea what I was talking about. Any ideas when/where I could get a deal on a BGE?

happy2bamom
12-21-2012, 03:41 PM
NO Big Green Egg insight here?

ECUPirateMom
12-21-2012, 03:52 PM
I looked for an entirr year before caving last fathers day and getting one that included a nice bonus of accessories (electric starter/pizza stone etc.). Several of the dealers I spoke with said the only way to get a deal on one was to attend one of their "big green egg bbq cook off shows" (don't quote me on that :) tho) and they sell the ones they use at a deep discount. its such an expensive item but it has more than paid for itself in delish and awesome meals (read: I don't have to cook). wish I could be more helpful! :)

Sent from my SGH-T989

BeachBum
12-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I agree that they are pretty tightly price controlled. We didn't find a deal on ours (or my dads or my BILs). That said, we love them!!

BabyH
12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
I bought DH one in August, and after checking around, talking to friends, etc. I found that there really weren't any deals. Even in different states the price remained the same. The best I could do was get the guys at the hardware store (local) to put the cage for the egg together for me. But still, that was something!