PDA

View Full Version : Returning gifts to amazon from a gift registry

unlisted
12-20-2012, 11:49 PM
For the past few years I've been making an Amazon gift registry for my sons and sending it to my parents, inlaws, brother/sil, sil, cousins, etc. This year I was really, really having a hard time with gift ideas. They don't need anything and ds1's bday is in January. So I picked out a few things just because I know that everyone likes to buy them gifts. My dh told his mom to buy the boys ONE gift from the list. Well, I looked at the list and saw that she bought the whole list(I know it was her bc I talked to everyone else about what they were buying my kids). I appreciate that she wants to spend the money on my kids(she likes to buy their love) but I don't want it all. Can I return stuff that was bought from their registry without her knowing? I don't have any order sheets because she had it shipped to her house, then she wrapped it and shipped it to our house.

MMMommy
12-21-2012, 12:19 AM
According to Amazon's return policy, gift returns are confidential.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_201077700_RRlandingGift?nodeId=201077700

It says you can provide the order number to facilitate the gift return. If you don't have that info, it says to contact Amazon customer service. I assume they can look the order number up for you by providing giver and recipient names and addresses.

Do you risk offending MIL's wrath if she finds out you returned all the items that you specifically chose and put on the registry? Will she ask about these items while visiting? Just things to consider.

unlisted
12-21-2012, 07:55 AM
According to Amazon's return policy, gift returns are confidential.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_201077700_RRlandingGift?nodeId=201077700

It says you can provide the order number to facilitate the gift return. If you don't have that info, it says to contact Amazon customer service. I assume they can look the order number up for you by providing giver and recipient names and addresses.

Do you risk offending MIL's wrath if she finds out you returned all the items that you specifically chose and put on the registry? Will she ask about these items while visiting? Just things to consider.

She won't say anything to do because he told her to only buy 1 gift. And she doesn't visit more than once a year, usually in August...even though she lives 4 hours away. Thanks for the info.

MMMommy
12-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Sounds like you are safe to return the items. You can always use the Amazon credit towards items you may need or want in the future. No harm if MIL doesn't find out.