PDA

View Full Version : Gift for 85 year old great-grandma

latully
12-21-2012, 12:33 AM
HELP! I have no ideas for my husband's grandmother. She is 85 and doesn't need much of anything . I have a framed photo of the great-grandkids for her, but would love to give her a little something else.

I am thinking a puzzle? Any other ideas?? THANKS!!!

mikala
12-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Can she eat sweets? If so, maybe a retro candy box? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=retro+candy

crl
12-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Amaryllis bulb? The great grandmom I buy for likes these.

Catherine

belovedgandp
12-21-2012, 01:16 AM
My go to gift is postage stamps and some general purpose greeting cards either purchased or made - birthday, sympathy, thank you.

KpbS
12-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Crossword book? Any kitchen items/accessories she needs replaced? I bought mine a couple of small pans for her toaster oven once and she loved it. New slippers?

mom2binsd
12-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Magazine subscription if she enjoys reading, a new housecoat, cozy throw, special lunch date with you?

Jacobsmom
12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
My grandmother is Italian and my son calls her Nonna. I found a story about. Nonna and her grandchildren cooking for their Italian Christmas. It included a couple of recipes in the back. My grandmother loves reading it to my son! She's 89 and nothing she really "needed" so this book gives her a little special quiet time with DS when we visit. There may be other books like this.

KLD313
12-21-2012, 12:46 PM
My go to gift is postage stamps and some general purpose greeting cards either purchased or made - birthday, sympathy, thank you.

:yeahthat: My grandmother loved those boxes of cards for all different occasions. It was hard for her get out and buy cards and she didn't want to spend the crazy prices, either.