PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find themselves preggers post vasectomy? - UPDATE in post 26

wifecat
12-21-2012, 01:34 AM
I have been feeling like crap for the last week. So tired. Nauseous. Can't eat. Losing weight. Head ache. So so tired.

Tonight I was thinking about how the holidays are hitting me hard and it occurred to me that maybe it's flu-like, maybe it's the holiday stress, but that...this is also just how my pregnancies start. Except, dh had a vasectomy almost 2 years ago.

So, just curious...anyone find themselves pregnant after their dh had a vasectomy?

(I'm not testing. My period is due now. If something's up for real, I'll know soon enough.)

m448
12-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Eek. No, but I'll anxiously await your update since DH has his scheduled and we are sooooo done.

swissair81
12-21-2012, 04:22 AM
No experience with vasectomies, but I have the flu, and it feels like that. I've been sick for close to a week now, and the fatigue is pretty on par with pregnancy. From what I hear, it's pretty much going around everywhere.

JBaxter
12-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Not me but I know 2 post vasectomy babies. Both hubbies did not go back for 2nd check

Mommy_Mea
12-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Eek. No, but I'll anxiously await your update since DH has his scheduled and we are sooooo done.

:yeahthat:

But I have been feeling awful the last day or two, with the most insane headache (likely sinus), and I keep thinking "Maybe I am pregnant?" Both of my pregnancies started with a really strange cramp (in foot and shoulder) right after conception, so I have myself convinced the headache is that cramp. We are very done, DH is scheduled for his V in a few weeks!

anonomom
12-21-2012, 08:52 AM
You're a stronger woman than I am if you can hold off testing. :tongue5:

Good luck! (and keep us posted!)

maestramommy
12-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Yikes. No I haven't had it happen, BUT in the last couple of years I sometimes feel pregnant right before AF. It would freak me out esp. the first several months after Dh got snipped and if I was late. I have taken a test 3 times since the V.

AngelaS
12-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I am a post vasectomy baby. :D

Apparently you shouldn't come home from the procedure and make sure you can still perform. Because, you can. ;)

lhafer
12-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Not me but I know 2 post vasectomy babies. Both hubbies did not go back for 2nd check

This scares me. How soon after the snip did it happen? DH was snipped about 2.5 yrs ago. He never went back for the follow up check that I know of. We have 2, but I would be okay with one more. But he wouldn't! So if I happen to get pregnant, it's all his fault.

AnnieW625
12-21-2012, 10:06 AM
At 2 yrs. I think it would be very rare especially if you haven't been using protection for sometime and have a normal cycle.

I had one worry when I hadn't gotten my period back when DD2 was 4 months old and I had weaned her at 3 months old, and DH had the V about a month before that. We used protection until he was cleared.

DH went to get rechecked about 7 months post V.

tabegle
12-21-2012, 10:18 AM
You're a stronger woman than I am if you can hold off testing. :tongue5:

Good luck! (and keep us posted!)

:yeahthat:

onyx8
12-21-2012, 10:22 AM
I know someone who just delivered her 3rd baby after her DH had 2 vasectomies (the 1st didn't take). Her older kids are 9 and 13...so it was many years post-V #2.

nfowife
12-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Well I would definitely have your DH go back for a check, even if (the likely thing) it turns out you aren't pg. Why go through the procedure and then not the checks? Be sure!

My DH had the snip about 1.5 years ago, and did the check afterwards and got the all-clear. There have been 2 times that my cycle has been a bit longer than usual by a few days and I have been freaking out. I do not want another baby and neither does he.

pastrygirl
12-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, my husband's cousin, two years post-vac.

wifecat
12-21-2012, 10:57 AM

My husband did not go back for a second check either.

wifecat
12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Well I would definitely have your DH go back for a check, even if (the likely thing) it turns out you aren't pg. Why go through the procedure and then not the checks? Be sure!

My DH had the snip about 1.5 years ago, and did the check afterwards and got the all-clear. There have been 2 times that my cycle has been a bit longer than usual by a few days and I have been freaking out. I do not want another baby and neither does he.

Well, so here's the thing. He went for one check and was totally cleared. Then we were selling our house and moving across the country. Then he landed a pretty great job here and our circumstances have changed. So, if I were pg...I'd consider it quite the miracle and be really pleased. Though with 3, I'd say we'd be DONE DONE DONE! So, even if I'm not, and I know that chance is just ridiculously slim - AF could arrive at any moment - I won't send him to get rechecked.

nfowife
12-21-2012, 11:05 AM
If you have one all clear, I don't think you need to go back for a second. My DH only had the one all clear check. We were told we were good. Only if it's not all clear do you go back for a second check, at least that is what we were told.

I think you are good and not pg.

anonomom
12-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Well, so here's the thing. He went for one check and was totally cleared. Then we were selling our house and moving across the country. Then he landed a pretty great job here and our circumstances have changed. So, if I were pg...I'd consider it quite the miracle and be really pleased. Though with 3, I'd say we'd be DONE DONE DONE! So, even if I'm not, and I know that chance is just ridiculously slim - AF could arrive at any moment - I won't send him to get rechecked.

In that case, I hope you get a little Christmas miracle!

georgiegirl
12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I knew someone that happened to. But it was before the check and they didn't use any back-up protection because she was exclusively BFing (and the baby was 3 months and her period hadn't returned.)

maestramommy
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
I am a post vasectomy baby. :D

Apparently you shouldn't come home from the procedure and make sure you can still perform. Because, you can. ;)

:hysterical:

My dh didn't get a 2nd check either.

shelleychina
12-21-2012, 02:27 PM
My friends have a post-v baby. They named him Chance. ;-)

hellokitty
12-21-2012, 03:01 PM
I had a post-vasectomy scare in early June. AF was 2 wks late and it is NEVER late. DH had gotten the all clear (although he did have to get tested a few times), so I was freaked out. It turns out I'm in full blown perimenopause and since this summer, my AFs are all over the place (never been like that, I've always been very regular). So, IDK what to tell you. Hope you're not pregnant? However, I don't really want to wish perimenopause on you either, lol.

wifecat
12-21-2012, 04:27 PM
My friends have a post-v baby. They named him Chance. ;-)

I LOVE that. Still no sign of AF, for those of you wondering. Still not testing. I know it's a long shot, but turns out I'd be pretty pleased if I got a tiny/huge Christmas miracle.

Staraglimmer
12-21-2012, 05:15 PM
I LOVE that. Still no sign of AF, for those of you wondering. Still not testing. I know it's a long shot, but turns out I'd be pretty pleased if I got a tiny/huge Christmas miracle.

Aww. I hope you get your wish!

randomkid
12-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Well? :popc1:

wifecat
12-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Well? :popc1:

The wait is over...no surprise 3rd kiddo. But, I do get to use the divacup thing from that amazon deal last month.

I ended up being several days late (which is unusual for me these days) and super surprised at how sad I was when AF arrived late this morning. If it's ever in the cards for us despite the Big-V, I'll be ready.

anonomom
12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Aw, sorry. I had my fingers crossed for you.