PDA

View Full Version : What a crappy week it's been!

essnce629
12-21-2012, 06:06 AM
First the horrible Newtown tragedy.

Then Tuesday I found out that one of the moms from my August 2003 birth boards that I've been posting with for 10 years died unexpectedly leaving behind her two beautiful children ages 9 and 6. She was recently divorced and her ex was always bashing their mother in front of them and now he has full custody of them. My entire birth board has been in shock the past two days as we've become soooo close over the past 10 years and many of us have even met in person. She lived in L.A. as well, but we had never met IRL. She had lap-band surgery a year ago and over the past 6 months had been having complications. Two weeks ago her doctor suggested she have it taken out and she was researching her options. No one knew things would get so bad so fast.

And then today I found out my cousin's dog died.

And yesterday, my best friend who is pregnant and due next week, found out her baby had flipped from head down to breech. I was her doula for her first DD's birth 6 years ago (a beautiful easy natural birth) and was supposed to be there again for this DD's birth. I got a call tonight at 11:30pm from her saying her water had broken and they were heading to the hospital for an ultrasound to see if she had flipped (she took off work today to do everything she could to get her to turn). But no, she's still breech and since her water already broke they can't try to turn her manually. So now my best friend is being prepped for a c-section as I write this and I'm not there.

I'm just so so sad and it doesn't feel like Christmas. Please keep my friend in your thoughts. She really didn't want to give birth today due to all the Mayan calendar stuff. Oddly though, I predicted all along that she would give birth today! I felt so strongly about it that I turned down the opportunity to go to Hawaii this week because I knew I would rather be by my friend's side. But alas, I am not there.

Just needed to get this all out there as all my IRL friends are asleep right now!

Jacobsmom
12-21-2012, 06:13 AM
I hope your week gets better starting now. P&PT for you and your friend.

anonomom
12-21-2012, 08:58 AM
:hug:

I'm so sorry about your friend. What a terrible thing.

Does it help at all to focus on the beautiful little life that will begin today?

TwinFoxes
12-21-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm very sorry about your friend. Her poor little ones. Best wishes to your BFF on the birth of her DC. I hope it goes smoothly.

123LuckyMom
12-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm so sorry! Hugs to you!

maestramommy
12-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry:hug: Sending good birthing vibes to your friend, and hope it goes smoothly!