PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelmed by sadness

peanut520
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
I just wanted to say that I have been avoiding the news of the shooting with dd around, but I turned on the news as background today as I worked and it was during the moment of silence for the victims of Sandy Hook. I am overwhelmed by sadness and the senseless of the event seeing all the photographs of the lives loss together.

I just wanted to say that my holiday wish is that everyone will find peace one day from this tragic event in our nation.

123LuckyMom
12-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Yes. And hugs to you!

wolverine2
12-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Me too. I work in an elementary school and this has been a crappy week. I also found out this week that one of our students was just diagnosed w/ cancer, and a teacher's father died unexpectedly. Make it stop.

wellyes
12-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I understand. This is hitting everyone hard. Yesterday I was driving home from the mall, and I heard Silent Night on the radio, which reminded me of the SNL tribute to the Newtown Kids, and I started just started crying.

Peace to all this holiday.

scrooks
12-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I understand. This is hitting everyone hard. Yesterday I was driving home from the mall, and I heard Silent Night on the radio, which reminded me of the SNL tribute to the Newtown Kids, and I started just started crying.

Peace to all this holiday.

That SNL tribute forever changed my perspective on that song. It now seems very sad to me.

wendibird22
12-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I think I've cried every day this week. I was driving home from an appt this morning during the moment of silence and after the radio played the President reading the names followed by playing Arms of an Angel. I bawled hysterically the rest of the drive home. I then spent two hours wrapping presents for DDs and am about to head to DD1s school for a holiday sing and both just have me heartbroken for the families who don't get to do these things for their kids. I keep reflecting on how blessed I am.

mik8
12-21-2012, 02:22 PM
All I can say is you're not alone.

maylips
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM

No, you're not. And while I don't want my 3 and 5 year old to know about it, of course, it's hard when I'm sad and crying and they're up in their rooms fighting or playing or whatever. I am thankful for their naivety but I also wish they would understand for a moment how fleeting it all is. It almost makes me feel alone in my own house, IYKWIM.

kristac
12-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I understand. They had the moment of silence/ 26 bells on at the gym this morning. They showed a pic of a victim for each toll of the bell. I kept thinking it must be over soon but it went on and on forever.... Took my breath away. :hug:

sunnyside
12-21-2012, 04:04 PM
You're not alone. I'm so brokenhearted. It is so much worse than anything I've ever imagined, and I just cannot understand or comprehend it and that is why it is so hard to get past.

BabyH
12-21-2012, 04:28 PM

At times I've wondered if I will ever stop randomly bursting into tears at the thought of the lives lost. And like many others, it's not just getting teary eyed here or there, it's full on crying every time. It's this awful for me, I can't even begin to think how those parents put one foot in front of the other to get out of bed...

Melaine
12-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I have watched next to no coverage. I mean, almost nothing. I know very few details. But I will be haunted forever by the little I have heard. every time I think about the twin who was left and the one who was taken....I just feel like the thought is too much for my emotions to handle. It is a difficult Christmas for our country. I just try to pray specifically for the families whenever I think about them so I feel I am bringing something positive out of the grief that hits my heart.

citymama
12-21-2012, 05:44 PM
I feel the same way. I am pledging to convert this grief into sustained support and action for gun control. I will never forget those children and teachers. My heart breaks for their families.

TxCat
12-21-2012, 07:29 PM
At times I've wondered if I will ever stop randomly bursting into tears at the thought of the lives lost. And like many others, it's not just getting teary eyed here or there, it's full on crying every time. It's this awful for me, I can't even begin to think how those parents put one foot in front of the other to get out of bed...

This, word for word. I want to start channeling some of this emotion into advocating for stricter gun control.

chozen
12-21-2012, 08:57 PM
i have been praying, praying and more praying, for those families. i had to stop watching the coverage!

fedoragirl
12-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I can't even imagine what the parents of those kids are going through. Each time I do anything Christmas related, I think of their families not doing these things. I have broken down in tears at various public places this week. Most times, I've been able to cover up by saying that I have a cold.

randomkid
12-21-2012, 09:37 PM
I understand. At DD's school this morning (which is a private Christian school in a church), the church rang the bells 26 times during the moment of silence. I'm glad I wasn't there. What makes me sad today is that I didn't even know about the moment of silence until it had passed. I definitely would have taken time for quiet reflection. I just have not been watching news or reading stories because I just cannot process it.