PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's LEGO advent calendar missing parts?

wolverine2
12-21-2012, 11:52 AM
We had our 2nd disappointment today when DS opened up #21 of our Star Wars advent calendar and there was nothing in it. This happened on another day earlier too. I've tried to feel around to see if it could have dropped down, but I haven't found anything and we've almost opened everything at this point, though I will rip it open on the 24th to see if I can find them. Any recourse? I bought it online at Target.

Hemlock
12-21-2012, 12:02 PM
My son has the lego Star Wars advent calendar and we have not been missing any pieces yet. If you open the side of the box very carefully, you can pull the entire tray out and peek to see if the missing pieces are there. Hope they turn up!

123LuckyMom
12-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't have this calendar, but I'm outraged on your behalf!!! I would definitely call Target and see if they will exchange the calendar or something. I know outraged is kind of a strong word, but if I were the recipient of that calendar, I'd be really upset if pieces were missing.

Cam&Clay
12-21-2012, 12:33 PM
This happened with our Playmobil calendar but the pieces had shifted to another section.

aa2mama
12-21-2012, 12:43 PM
This happened to us last year and ended up trading it straight across at Target.

wolverine2
12-21-2012, 12:56 PM
This happened to us last year and ended up trading it straight across at Target.

What should I do if we've pretty much opened everything though?

123LuckyMom
12-21-2012, 01:10 PM
What should I do if we've pretty much opened everything though?

I don't think that should matter. You got a defective product. They should exchange it.

kristenk
12-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Did you already open the side like a PP suggested to see if things shifted around?

We haven't had any trouble with our Lego Friends calendar, but our TJ's chocolate one got all mixed up! No chocolates some days, two chocolates on others, lol!

It seems harder for the Lego packages to shift around, but maybe it happened?

oneplustwo
12-21-2012, 02:15 PM
We haven't found any missing pieces in ours yet. I agree with PPs, carefully pull out the tray to check if they pieces are in there and if not, take to Target to exchange for another one. I don't think you should have any problem exchanging it at all if it's missing pieces.

belovedgandp
12-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Wow, that would be a major bummer. Yes, open the box.

I dismantle the box and put the sets in my own wooden advent calendar each year, so I'd know in November if any were missing. The whole tray does slide out, but it is weird that those individual plastic bags could shift like that.

I'd be inclined to talk to Lego directly too; it's a manufacturing problem they should know about too. Target is definitely sold out at this point in time, but maybe Lego would help you with at least another Lego toy of some kind.

wolverine2
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
I just called home and had DH check, and the pieces have not fallen anywhere else. The two days that were missing pieces were minifigures, so that's a bummer.

We do not have all the pieces to return, though. Some of what they've taken out has now disappeared into the secret recesses of our house. I also do not have a Target that is super convenient, nor am I sure I still have the receipt, so I can't deal w/ it until after Christmas. So what would you suggest in that case? I'm in half a mind to just let it go...

acmom
12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
This happened with our Playmobil calendar but the pieces had shifted to another section.

:yeahthat: Same thing happened with 2 days of our playmobil calendar.

belovedgandp
12-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I just called home and had DH check, and the pieces have not fallen anywhere else. The two days that were missing pieces were minifigures, so that's a bummer.

We do not have all the pieces to return, though. Some of what they've taken out has now disappeared into the secret recesses of our house. I also do not have a Target that is super convenient, nor am I sure I still have the receipt, so I can't deal w/ it until after Christmas. So what would you suggest in that case? I'm in half a mind to just let it go...

Especially knowing the days that were missing, I'd send an e-mail or call Lego directly. Hold onto the box sometimes they can identify the source from that. I'd have no problem calling them after Christmas to complain.

wolverine2
12-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Called target.com and they offered a $15 refund. I'm fine with that- I don't really want a whole new calendar and we did/will use all the other 22 items. I think I might skip the lego calendar next year though- my kids just fight about it and the little pieces just disappear into my house.

ahisma
12-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Frustrating! You can go to the Lego website and report the pieces as missing - they'll send them out for free. It takes a few weeks, but at least you'd have them eventually then.

We were missing a log (made from 3 legos) in our Lego City advent, but the rest of the day's pieces there there.

KrisM
12-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Called target.com and they offered a $15 refund. I'm fine with that- I don't really want a whole new calendar and we did/will use all the other 22 items. I think I might skip the lego calendar next year though- my kids just fight about it and the little pieces just disappear into my house.

That was nice of Target! I would still call Lego. They might send you the missing pieces.

wolverine2
12-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Frustrating! You can go to the Lego website and report the pieces as missing - they'll send them out for free. It takes a few weeks, but at least you'd have them eventually then.

We were missing a log (made from 3 legos) in our Lego City advent, but the rest of the day's pieces there there.

That's good to know! I will do that, as they were minifigures...

belovedgandp
12-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Making my call to Lego now. Our 23 had a duplicate from 15. Bizarre.