PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me????

Melaine
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Two days ago our dryer stopped heating, we *thought* it was the heating element and ended up buying a new one because it was going to take 10 days and $70 to get the part in.

Tonight, the heating element in our OVEN caught fire. Really, four days before Christmas and I have no usable oven. WTH.

MamaMolly
12-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Oh my. Totally sucky timing! Bad oven. BAD!

Time to call a caterer? Make reservations? Or in my case, head to the frozen food/microwaveable dinner section of the grocery store?

hellokitty
12-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry, that sucks. We've discovered that when we have appliance issues, it is never just one, but several of them that all start to have issues around the same time. When it rains, it pours. We had to replace our a/c unit, dishwasher and get our freezer fixed all in a matter of a yr. I hope that it's not an expensive fix.

Melaine
12-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh my. Totally sucky timing! Bad oven. BAD!

Time to call a caterer? Make reservations? Or in my case, head to the frozen food/microwaveable dinner section of the grocery store?

We are supposed to be going out of town so it won't be too big of a deal for this weekend it's just super crappy.

hillview
12-21-2012, 07:33 PM
gack! that's rotten. hope the wave of appliance revolt is over!

lmh2402
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
oh no! what awful timing! i hope it can be repaired quickly, easily and cheaply! :hug:

Indianamom2
12-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Totally and utterly feel your pain. See my post in the lounge regarding water damage....and credit card/bank fraud....and our van being burgalurized...all with the last three weeks.

You are not alone, my friend.:hug:

pb&j
12-21-2012, 11:44 PM
FWIW, the same thing happened to my oven while the ILs were visiting. I got a replacement element at an appliance repair store and swapped it out myself very easily, in less than 5 min.

Sorry. :(

Ms B
12-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I feel for you! Hopefully the appliances are finished conspiring against you and get their act together in the new year . . .