PDA

View Full Version : Christmas present successes

sntm
12-22-2012, 04:37 PM
We did christmas today since DS1 is with XH for actual Xmas.

DS1:
Tauntaun sleeping bag - delighted!
Moon in my room - surprise, adored. Thanks BBBers.
Was glad for Lego star wars but they were expected.

Baby; squish, bead maze, Melissa and Doug wiggle worm and bowling set, the cat's peacock feather (mostly because it attracted the cat)

snowbunnies300
12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Glad it was a sucess. We opened today too. We like to spread out the gift opening with our three ASD kids. This was the best year yet for opening presents. Each one sat by a parent and opened gifts without having a melt down. They didn't seem to interested in the present but that is a given. They also don't care abut the Santa stockings either. But just to have no crying, no screaming and just openning presents was HEAVEN!!!!! Now to just make it through 2 more gift openings on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and we are golden.

DH did very well! He remembered two gifts that I pointed out in November on a shopping trip. I also received 3 new Christmas ornaments from Germany. One is goofy but it made me laugh so he gets points for creativity.

sntm
12-24-2012, 09:05 PM
More updates: hex bugs warriors also popular but #1 hit was a discounted (so $25) cardboard rocket ship play structure that led to two hour of imaginative play by the 9 year old and some puzzled but accommodating play by the baby. Enormous in my living room but enormous success!

fedoragirl
12-24-2012, 09:09 PM
I got mine today as it's Christmas eve and ILs celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve. I don't get it but I follow along. DH did very, very good. I went to ILs dinner thinking that my kids hate me (told me to stay home while they went to the celebrations), my marriage was failing (lots of arguments in the past few weeks), and sadness over a lot of world events, sickness....and here comes DH with the sweetest gift ever. It sent me on a guilt trip and then, shock, and now, euphoria.
He got me a 2 day stay at an exclusive hotel with spa facilities, complete with the spa package sans kids. He will stay with them. He is a thoughtful man and I SO do not deserve him.

DietCokeLover
12-24-2012, 09:13 PM
We did our gifts last Sunday because we are traveling.
Hits:
DD: razor scooter, AG doll (Marie Grace), Magic School Bus videos, purse
DS: scooter, Bruder log truck, Imaginext space station, Angry Birds tooth brush

Me: Shark Navigator vacuum (I bought it for myself) I love this thing!

sunshine873
12-24-2012, 09:31 PM
So far we've only done our one Christmas Eve gift. Jammie's for everyone! DD was so excited by the fact that Santa had left something, it was pure joy. She actually enjoyed figuring out which package was for which person and watching us open our presents too. So, at least Christmas Eve has been a success!

wellyes
12-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I got mine today as it's Christmas eve and ILs celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve. I don't get it but I follow along. DH did very, very good. I went to ILs dinner thinking that my kids hate me (told me to stay home while they went to the celebrations), my marriage was failing (lots of arguments in the past few weeks), and sadness over a lot of world events, sickness....and here comes DH with the sweetest gift ever. It sent me on a guilt trip and then, shock, and now, euphoria.
He got me a 2 day stay at an exclusive hotel with spa facilities, complete with the spa package sans kids. He will stay with them. He is a thoughtful man and I SO do not deserve him.

Great gift - you deserve it.

jgenie
12-24-2012, 10:38 PM

Wow!!! Enjoy it!

citymama
12-25-2012, 03:17 AM

That's awesome! It sounds like you deserve him and he deserves you - enjoy each other and the time to yourself too!

maestramommy
12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Best moment was when Arwyn opened her gift. "it's an Alice doll! My Alice doll!" rinse repeat for over a minute:tongue5:

Unfortunately now Laurel is the only one without a ballerina doll and today has been trying for her. Dh reminded me MIL gave them money to buy a gift, so I am now stalking an Alice doll on ebay again :p