PDA

View Full Version : Need Furby help...really

blisstwins
12-22-2012, 08:29 PM
My kids got furbies from someone and they have gone evil. Seriously scary. I don't have the instructions and my kids are actually scared and upset. How can I make this toy become sweet?

Indianamom2
12-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry.....but I can't help laughing. :hysterical: I know it's serious, yet it's one of those things you'll look back at and laugh about someday.

Of course, I have no idea how to help, but I hope someone can figure it out ASAP.

wallawala
12-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Furbish is the Furbies' language, with simple syllables, short words, and various sounds. A newly purchased Furby starts out speaking entirely Furbish. Over time, the Furby gradually replaces Furbish words and phrases with English.
wee-tah-kah-loo-loo: Tell me a joke.
wee-tah-kah-wee-loo: Tell me a story.
wee-tee-kah-wah-tee: Sing me a song.
u-nye-loo-lay-doo?: Do you want to play?
u-nye-ay-tay-doo?: Are you hungry?
u-nye-boh-doo?: How are you?
u-nye-way-loh-nee-way: Go to sleep now.
u-nye-noh-lah: Show me a dance.

Furbies may say these Furbish words:
doo?: What? (Furbies say this when called)
doo-dah: Yes. (Furbies say this in response to a command before doing it.)
boo: No. (Furbies say this when they do not want to carry out a command.)
yoo?: Why will you not play with me today? (This usually means the Furby is upset.)

wallawala
12-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Just posted a clipped portion from Wikipedia to see if that helps. Furbys will be right up the with clowns in terms of adult phobias for the next gen, IMHO.:rotflmao:

I don't have one, but isn't there something about not getting them wet and don't feed after midnight? The eighties were a blurry decade for me...

KpbS
12-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Honestly, at my house they would disappear if you know what I mean....to the donation station. ;)

DietCokeLover
12-22-2012, 09:23 PM
I so regret getting one for DD's birthday. It never shuts up! It says that the nicer you are to your Furby, the nicer it will be to you. So, maybe take some time to sit and speak sweetly to it. If that doesn't work, take Kpbs' suggestion!

Jacksmommy2b
12-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't have one, but isn't there something about not getting them wet and don't feed after midnight? The eighties were a blurry decade for me...

:p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

EllasMum
12-22-2012, 09:52 PM

:hysterical:

kochh2
12-23-2012, 07:37 PM
i wish i could help... I banned Furby from all Christmas wish lists this year... that is so funny :rotflmao:... please let us know what works, I have a feeling DD still asked some people for one :(

kristenk
12-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Uh oh. Please tell me more about the evil Furby. I think that DD will be getting one from BIL&SIL tomorrow. Eek!

lcarlson90
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Now I am scared...Santa is bringing DS a purple Furby on Christmas morning.

blisstwins
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
It is really an awful toy. My 8 year old son asked if we could donate his furby today and my daughter seems genuinely hurt by hers. She cannot understand the radical mood swings this freakish thing has that have nothing to do with how she's treating it. What kind of message is this? And they NEVER SHUT UP!

queenmama
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Those of you that bought them recently must be too young to remember them from their first time around!

My niece and nephew each got one for Christmas (back then) and my sister and I sat around plotting ways to make them disappear.

Lara

wendmatt
12-23-2012, 11:45 PM
So sorry to hear they have turned evil! DD asked for one for her birthday in Nov and she decided to take it back the next day because she didn't like it! After reading these posts, I am so glad she did. I also read that you have to be nice to them for them to be nice, but scaring a child is just wrong :(

zukeypur
12-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Ugh, Santa is bringing one to DD2. She wanted a Captain America shield forever and then told Santa last week that she wanted a blue Furby. I'm a little worried about turning it on Christmas morning and then leaving it alone for a week. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be evil by the time we get back.

Kymberley
12-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Those of you that bought them recently must be too young to remember them from their first time around!

My niece and nephew each got one for Christmas (back then) and my sister and I sat around plotting ways to make them disappear.

Lara

Yeah, they were evil back in the day. My sister had one. It was possessed. It would talk in the middle of the night, even after she hid it under her bed, in the dark so it would shut up and sleep, but nay. She still talks about that thing.

zukeypur
12-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Can you get them to shut up at night? That's going to be a huge problem if its talking all night.

blisstwins
12-24-2012, 01:38 AM
I shuts up at night. We hold our hands over its eyes in the dark for 20 seconds then put a polar fleece jacket over it. I really hate that they change personalities. I want my kids to toss toxic people from their lives, so this high maintenance, unpredictable furby business makes no sense.

JMS
12-24-2012, 04:09 AM
I don't think I'm too young to remember, I think I'm too old!
Great! DD is getting one from Santa and now I'm scared.

blisstwins
12-24-2012, 06:45 AM
I am sorry. I am sure a lot of people have fun with them. I just have really sensitive kids in general....

kristenk
12-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Okay. I've been doing some Furby research. DD received her Furby yesterday. Furby started off really nice and sweet then turned into a big of belchy, gas-passing lout. We got the nice personality back and then it went to sleep. After DD woke Furby up again, Furby was EVIL. Very mean eyes, etc. Somehow, we got rid of that personality and then the next personality that emerged was a bratty, talkative, teen girl. Very annoying.

To get the sweet, singing personality back, I pet the top of the Furby's head for about 5 minutes. Very worthwhile. We're still dealing with the problem of Furby passing gas very often, but at least it's not evil.

I've read that the Evil personality comes back if you overfeed the Furby.

ETA: There's a free Furby app. It has a translator and you can feed Furby that way. It's actually sort of cool.

Mommaof3
12-28-2012, 02:57 PM
My girls are older so I am sure this makes a difference but they love when their's get all crazy! They are loving them! Maybe they are better for older kids lol?

Melaine
12-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh my word! I had no idea they were like that! The fijits seem much sweeter!

zukeypur
12-28-2012, 05:29 PM
My kids are loving it too. We have it on the kitchen table hanging out with my brother's original Furby.

Barbreenee
01-03-2013, 02:54 AM
This same thing just happened to me!!! I read your post last night when I was looking on line for some info on furby. Tonight my sons furby also turned evil, and i was able to get it back to a nice furby....so I searched on line to find your post so I could see if this could help you.

I think what made it turn evil was when I covered his eyes, including the sensor, for a minute or so? It said cock a doodle doo and became EVIL! My son was so scared, and ran away from his furby that he was cuddling just a moment before that. I wasn't sure what I had done, so I tried a few things, but what I believe worked was covering his eyes and sensor again for about a minute maybe..and then it said..me changing. Then it turned into a nice furby again, however, I think it's still a different personality than what we started with. I'm thinking it's not a good idea to cover their eyes like that ever. To put them to sleep, I would recommend just petting them over and over till it falls asleep, and not covering its eyes.

I hope this helps..they really are a cute little toy in their normal mode...and so far at night they have stayed asleep....not like the old furbys from years ago.

Mommaof3
01-03-2013, 05:04 PM
FYI my DD's furby froze the other night, we thought it just needed new batteries but when we replaced them it still would not work. DD was so upset! I went online to read reviews and there is a you tube video that shows you how to restart your furby if it freezes. There is a button in the battery compartment you have to hold down for a few seconds and it will work again. So glad I found this out instead of running to return it.