PDA

View Full Version : Winter boots with BEST traction

amom526
12-25-2012, 12:39 PM
I have horrible horrible balance. In the winter, I have so much trouble walking where most people seem to have no trouble at all. I am looking for some winter boots that have really good traction. I don't need anything super stylish, but I would like to wear these out an about. I also don't want to break the bank. thanks!

Kindra178
12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I have these (there is also a boot version) that work pretty well, even on ice.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/keen-betty-winter-shoes-waterproof-insulated-for-women~p~2753y/?utm_source=GooglePLAs&utm_medium=PaidShopping&utm_term=Keen_Betty_Winter_Shoes_-_Waterproof_Insulated_For_Women&utm_campaign=PCGOOGLEPLA2&codes-processed=true

pastrygirl
12-25-2012, 03:57 PM
I am totally the same way. My husband says I would slip walking on cork with golf shoes... and he's probably right.

The best thing I've found so far are those stretchy things that you put on the bottom of your shoes/boots, that have sharp spiky things sticking out of them. Which reminds me, I need to put a pair in my car.

amom526
12-25-2012, 04:48 PM
So those stretchy things actually work? I just saw some on Lands end or LL bean I think and sent the link to DH jokingly asking him to order them. But if they might actually work, I would totally just put them over my sneakers or boots. I seriously have issues walking, I don't know why I can't stay upright!

boltfam
12-25-2012, 04:51 PM
So those stretchy things actually work? I just saw some on Lands end or LL bean I think and sent the link to DH jokingly asking him to order them. But if they might actually work, I would totally just put them over my sneakers or boots. I seriously have issues walking, I don't know why I can't stay upright!

I know people who run for exercise with those things on, so they must work well.

amom526
12-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Do they fit over any shoes?

babybunny
12-25-2012, 06:40 PM
They are called Yak Trax. Look on www.yaktrax.com

I got the Yak Trax Pro. They are amazing even on ice. The UPS man was really impressed with them when he saw what I could do with them on. I have put them on snow boots and on Shoes like the Merrell Jungle Mocs and running shoes. You have to remove them before entering the house as you would kill yourself on ceramic tile floors, etc.