PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Princesses in DL

lmr1101
12-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi,
I think we're going to head to DisneyLand for a very quick 1, possibly 2 day trip in late Feb or early March.
We are not going to be able to do any of the character dining.
My dd1 is in love with all of the Princesses and very scared of any characters (the ones with full body costumes) so she probably won't even go near Minnie or Mickey.

Is there any way she can see some of the Princesses? Are they usually "stationed" anywhere specifically in the Park?

Thanks.

pinay
12-27-2012, 05:44 PM
back by it's a small world there's a section where you can line up to meet up to three princesses. It changes from day to day. You can also do a separate line up to meet Rapunzel in fantasyland. I believe there's also a Tinkerbell and Fairies meeting area over by the Rocket ships. Lines can be lengthy though so I would do that first if possible.

urquie
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Make a reservation at Ariel's Grotto! All the princess will visit your table, one by one, as you enjoy your meal. My shy girls love it! Book early, it fills up.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/ariels-grotto/

lmr1101
12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
It looks like you have to have tickets to DCA to eat at Ariel's Grotto... we are only getting tickets for Disneyland so I don't think that will be an option.

It's good to know that they do still have places where you can line up to meet the princesses. Since the It's a Small World song is one of my dd1's bedtime songs I know we'll be on that ride at least a few times so we may just go there first and look for the lines.

Thanks for the tips.

MMMommy
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Can you switch out your tix for park hoppers instead, allowing you access to Ariel's Grotto on the California side? Seeing the princesses at Ariel's Grotto is a nice experience with no "bad" or "scary" characters to worry about. Also, there are some great rides/attractions on the California side.

lalasmama
12-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Check the dates you are planning if your heart is set on Its a Small World. I know it's closed at some point this season. Our visit is in the closure time, and DD was so sad about it (me too!)....

lmr1101
12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Wow Lalasmama... thanks for the heads up. I need to find out how to check dates. I didn't even think about that ride being closed.

We probably won't bother with the parkhopper ticket. We are really only going to be there for one day so I figure we'd end up spending the entire time at one park. If we had more time it would probably be worth it though..

urquie
12-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow Lalasmama... thanks for the heads up. I need to find out how to check dates. I didn't even think about that ride being closed.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/?name=CalendarMonthlyPage

lmr1101
12-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the link. We are probably going either the last weekend in Feb or the first weekend in March so it looks like I'll have to wait a few more weeks before I can see if the ride will be closed.

lalasmama
12-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the link. We are probably going either the last weekend in Feb or the first weekend in March so it looks like I'll have to wait a few more weeks before I can see if the ride will be closed.

There's a better link.... Try this

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/D-MailPDF/IntlDmailDLRefurbishments.pdf (my favorite list)

lmr1101
12-28-2012, 12:19 PM
There's a better link.... Try this

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/D-MailPDF/IntlDmailDLRefurbishments.pdf (my favorite list)

We were planning on going right before it's a small world is opening again... if I didn't see this my dd1 would have been crushed. I will probably now only plan to go that first weekend in March (our alternate date). And I guess hope that it reopens on time.

How did you find this list? I feel like there are so many places to look I just don't know how to make the best plan for such a short trip.

lalasmama
12-28-2012, 05:01 PM
We were planning on going right before it's a small world is opening again... if I didn't see this my dd1 would have been crushed. I will probably now only plan to go that first weekend in March (our alternate date). And I guess hope that it reopens on time.

How did you find this list? I feel like there are so many places to look I just don't know how to make the best plan for such a short trip.

Www.disboards.com (and the associated forums) are a favorite online destination of mine, second only to our beloved BBB. There's a few BBB mamas over there as well. They have DL specific forums which aren't big and scary once you find it!

twowhat?
12-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Make a reservation at Ariel's Grotto! All the princess will visit your table, one by one, as you enjoy your meal. My shy girls love it! Book early, it fills up.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/ariels-grotto/

Including Rapunzel? I think she's one of the only ones my girls (who are also crazy shy) care about. We're going in Feb so I need to jump on this if we wanna do it!

lalasmama
12-30-2012, 04:05 AM
Including Rapunzel? I think she's one of the only ones my girls (who are also crazy shy) care about. We're going in Feb so I need to jump on this if we wanna do it!

No, I don't think Rapunzel is at Ariel's Grotto. She only has a meet and greet in Disneyland as far as I know.... And they won't guarantee characters (beyond the main one).