PDA

View Full Version : What do you clean in January?

ourbabygirl
12-29-2012, 04:36 PM
I just took down the tree and vacuumed up all the needles... oh my, I had no idea how dry real trees get! :eek:

Anyhow, I'm wondering what other "New Year" cleaning tasks I should attend to, once we put away the rest of the Christmas decorations. I reorganized our one Expedit to better fit the kids' games and craft supplies, and I'd love to somehow get rid of more toys.

We're hoping to move sometime this year (probably late summer, realistically), and I have a big list of tiny projects to get done before then (repaint our bedroom, do some other paint touch-ups, etc.). So my main goal is to declutter and throw out/ donate as much as we can in preparation for the move. Are there any things you would make sure to do before a move?

What are all of you planning to get accomplished in your own houses in the new year?

Thanks for sharing! :)

SnuggleBuggles
12-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Things are in ok shape but I need to tackle the basement (again). I decluttered the main levels of the house and donated a lot but I also chucked a lot down in the basement to deal with on a later date. Guess it's a later date now.

Tip on real trees- fresh cut seconds before you put it in the stand and water multiple times/ day- never let the stand get dry!

ourbabygirl
12-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks! We (or DH, I guess :)) always had water in the stand, but even so it just got really dry by this week. We got it a few days after Thanksgiving... maybe that's too long to expect it to be o.k. Anyhow, the tree is now resting comfortably out in the snow bank!

SnuggleBuggles
12-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Ah, yes, that is the tree's natural life. :)