PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have imaginext drgaon?

Kestrel
12-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Hello! DS got this dragon (the red one, for the castle) for Christmas. I can't seem to figure out if it will interact with the other castle items (knights and horses). Or will the toys only interact with the castle itself, not each other?

I really don't want to buy the huge castle. But maybe, if it was a great deal - but it doesn't seem to be on any of the after-holiday sales.

Any advice greatly apprecieated!

elephantmeg
12-30-2012, 05:20 PM
the castle people don't talk. So far we have the castle, ogre and battling ram. The ogre and battling ram "talk" to the castle but don't seem to "talk" with each other.

ETA-I'm impressed with how small the castle folds up and how large it folds out. It's a really great toy

Indianamom2
12-30-2012, 10:27 PM
the castle people don't talk. So far we have the castle, ogre and battling ram. The ogre and battling ram "talk" to the castle but don't seem to "talk" with each other.

ETA-I'm impressed with how small the castle folds up and how large it folds out. It's a really great toy

:yeahthat: Ds is loving it and it really isn't that big, though it can be if unfolded completely. Very nice toy.

clc053103
12-30-2012, 10:27 PM

Ditto! The castle was well worth the money, bought during the pre thanksgiving sale at target. But the accessory pieces interact with the castle, not each other.

Kymberley
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
We have the dragon as a stand alone toy and it is great! He flies around the house eating everything. Love, love, love the dragon! DS actually received the castle as well, but it's still in the box waiting to be returned to the store. I have no issue with it- it's cool! DH is against it, so back to the store it goes.

wellyes
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
We have the dragon as a stand alone toy and it is great! He flies around the house eating everything. Love, love, love the dragon! DS actually received the castle as well, but it's still in the box waiting to be returned to the store. I have no issue with it- it's cool! DH is against it, so back to the store it goes.

Sorry to hijack, but, this made me curious. Why is he opposed? Too big? Or is he just holding out for an even cooler castle?

We are in castle shopping mode, is why I ask.

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
We have everything but the dragon. :) I love how things interact with the castle; it is so cool! We have tons of Imaginext and this is the best!

Kymberley
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hijack, but, this made me curious. Why is he opposed? Too big? Or is he just holding out for an even cooler castle?

We are in castle shopping mode, is why I ask.

His opposition has nothing to do with the castle itself. It's a really cool castle! He wants DS to have more "work" type toys (?). DS loves to build and draw, and DH would rather take the money spent on the castle and apply it to some cool building toys. Does that make sense? Because honestly, it doesn't to me.

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
His opposition has nothing to do with the castle itself. It's a really cool castle! He wants DS to have more "work" type toys (?). DS loves to build and draw, and DH would rather take the money spent on the castle and apply it to some cool building toys. Does that make sense? Because honestly, it doesn't to me.

Not the right poster but, nope, doesn't make sense. :) Imaginative play has lots of value. :)

Kymberley
12-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Not the right poster but, nope, doesn't make sense. :) Imaginative play has lots of value. :)

I appreciate your opinion! Thanks! I might try to talk to DH about it again.

elephantmeg
12-31-2012, 05:38 PM
I disagree with your DH as well...!

Kymberley
12-31-2012, 06:13 PM
I disagree with your DH as well...!

:thumbsup: Thank you! I've hijacked the OP's post- so sorry!

wellyes
12-31-2012, 06:17 PM
:thumbsup: Thank you! I've hijacked the OP's post- so sorry!
I think it was me that did the hijacking, sorry!

To the OP: imaginext is just one of several toys we have whose batteries are removed before the kids see them, lol.