PDA

View Full Version : Textured sheets?

kijip
12-30-2012, 10:18 PM
T can not sleep well on smooth sheets. He fidgets and thumps and taps with a totally smooth sheet. Which explains why he always rolled up in his blankets. He's been sleeping on the ikea mattress for top bunks. I am wondering if anyone knows of brands of sheets that are not perfectly smooth. Thinking about a flannel or something. Any ideas? I don't want to end up with a yucky mattress covered in body oils and sweat. More of a concern now that he is hitting an age where kids don't smell perfectly sweet anymore. Maybe I shod buy a textured blanket or two and modify it to use like a sheet?

KrisM
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
How about a mattress cover? Most of them are not smooth, it seems. It would stay on better than a blanket.

KDsMommy
12-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Flannel sheets that are washed a few times usually pill some, would that provide enough texture for him?

Minnifer
12-30-2012, 10:38 PM
My DD has a set of the Circo striped jersey sheets that I hate b/c they are *not* smooth/soft (despite what reviews say) - to me, they feel kind of rough/coarse - they're not awful, and she's perfectly happy/comfortable sleeping on them, it's just a totally different feel from typical sheets and actually reminds me of sleeping on/in a blanket. May be worth a try? Hers are these but there are a bunch of other striped colors and some solids http://www.target.com/p/circo-jersey-stripe-sheet-set-pink/-/A-13472268#prodSlot=medium_1_12&term=jersey%20sheet%20set

kijip
12-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks! I am going to try these.