PDA

View Full Version : How often does your baby Nurse

ArizonaGirl
12-30-2012, 11:51 PM
I have 2 questions...

1.) I WOTH FT and I want to say that my 4 month old nurses around 9 times per day when I work and 10 times per day when I am off work. She drinks about 2.5 oz in a bottle 3X while I am at work and is not taking any solids at all.

Does this sound "normal" to you guys, she seems to be gaining well.

2.) I guess I am also wondering because I had been able to pump between 14 to 16 oz of milk during my 3 pumping sessions at work, but the last few days I have only been able to get 12 oz. I know that it is still more than she is eating while I am gone, but my supply really petered out with DS so I think I am overly cautious this time around.

Should I be worried or am I over thinking this...

TIA

edurnemk
12-31-2012, 11:06 AM
DD is like that, she nurses every 2 hours during most of the day and twice at night (8-9 times a day). When she drinks BM from a bottle she takes anywhere between 2.5 and 4 oz (usually around 3). Kellymom.com says BF babies take 25 oz a day on average, so for 9 feedings that comes out to 2.7 oz per feeding.

marymoo86
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
DD is like that, she nurses every 2 hours during most of the day and twice at night (8-9 times a day). When she drinks BM from a bottle she takes anywhere between 2.5 and 4 oz (usually around 3). Kellymom.com says BF babies take 25 oz a day on average, so for 9 feedings that comes out to 2.7 oz per feeding.

:yeahthat:

my experience also