PDA

View Full Version : Panic Mode

swrc00
01-01-2013, 06:45 PM
I am not ready for this baby. Mentally, yes, but physically no. Hospital bags aren't packed. Baby's room not ready. House not cleaned. Back to work on Friday. Ugh!!!

Every year on Winter Break I create this list of things to do before I go back to teaching. I don't know why I set myself up for this, because most of it doesn't get done.

My hormones are out of control.

SnuggleBuggles
01-01-2013, 07:43 PM
You'll nest soon and knock out the list!

ArizonaGirl
01-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Take a deep breath and prioritize, you still have at least a month before baby arrives :hug5:

SnuggleBuggles
01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Meant to say before too...will baby care if their room is done? No. :) We redid the floors and painted ds2's room when I was 38+ weeks pregnant so I do know about slacking! It all worked out!

♥ms.pacman♥
01-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Meant to say before too...will baby care if their room is done? No. :) We redid the floors and painted ds2's room when I was 38+ weeks pregnant so I do know about slacking! It all worked out!

:yeahthat:

it will be fine! it is scary bc in comparison to the birth of the first, you feel like you have so much less prepared (at least i did!). with DS i had a fully-decked out nursery, hospital bag packed, yadda yadda (of course, i had no other children to chase after, what else was i going to do). it ended up not mattering..i barely used anything i packed in my hospital bag. Contrast this to when dd came (at 34-35 weeks) suffice to say i had NOTHING done, nothing packed, her nursery was basically just a room with a dresser in it. dh literally assembled the crib as i tried to breathe through contractions, then we woke ds (it was after midnight) and we went off to the hospital to have her. DH packed only the essentials in the 5 minutes after loading ds and me in the car. Visiting family and friends helped us decorate the nursery while we were in the hospital. I ordered her carseat online right after giving birth to her with amazon prime shipping or something so we could have it for when we left the hospital. Honestly after dd was born i didn't really notice the lack of preparedness/clean house etc bc things are always so crazy right after with newborn (lack of sleep, change in routine, etc)...it didn't really matter in the end. So it will all work out, trust me! :hug:

KLD313
01-01-2013, 10:51 PM
I packed my bag after my water broke, with both my kids. DS is four months old, his room still isn't set up. It will all work out, get people to help you.

Mali
01-02-2013, 03:22 AM
I hear you on the not being ready part and I'm due on Monday. :) DH has been nesting harder than I ever could which is the only reason why she'll have freshly washed clothes to wear home, assuming I manage to pack a bag for us.

The baby won't care if the room isn't done. DH can always pack the bag or run out to get whatever was forgotten if no one else can be sent. And if the house is a mess and is making you crazy, when people offer to help ask them to help clean or see if you could hire a housecleaner for a one-time deep clean.

swrc00
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
I am feeling a little bit better about things to do. We had a major plumbing issue on Christmas Eve and the cost to repair it sent me over the edge. My maternity leave is completely unpaid and I think it just added to the hormones.

Mali
01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
We had a major plumbing issue on Christmas Eve...

Oh no! Those are just the worst! I hope it was confined to only plumbing and you don't have to mess with any other repairs as a result of it. We discovered the joys of a 2nd floor leak in early December (1.5years post remodel and in the new section of the house) so I totally understand losing your sense of humor about the whole thing. :hug:

swrc00
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Oh no! Those are just the worst! I hope it was confined to only plumbing and you don't have to mess with any other repairs as a result of it. We discovered the joys of a 2nd floor leak in early December (1.5years post remodel and in the new section of the house) so I totally understand losing your sense of humor about the whole thing. :hug:

You are too sweet! Yes the permenant repair will result in tearing up the entire front yard and replacing a pipe. Roots from a neighbor's tree has damaged the pipe. If we had normal neighbors we would not be paying for the whole repair, but that is not the case. Not cheap by any means.