PDA

View Full Version : Would You Go To The Doctor?

Raidra
01-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Last night, I stubbed my two smallest toes on Niall's bed. It hurt a lot but not more than normal. Today I've got pain in my foot on that side, like in the bones inside my foot. It hurts when I walk and when I flex my foot. My toes feel fine.

Normally I'd just wait and see if it gets better, but we're leaving for Disney on Sunday. I really don't want to have to go to Urgent Care or something while we're at Disney - like if it's got a slight break and gets way worse with all the walking. I hate to go to the doctor if it's nothing.. but the prospect of Disney with a hurt foot is intimidating.

What do you think?

Thanks!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Last night, I stubbed my two smallest toes on Niall's bed. It hurt a lot but not more than normal. Today I've got pain in my foot on that side, like in the bones inside my foot. It hurts when I walk and when I flex my foot. My toes feel fine.

Normally I'd just wait and see if it gets better, but we're leaving for Disney on Sunday. I really don't want to have to go to Urgent Care or something while we're at Disney - like if it's got a slight break and gets way worse with all the walking. I hate to go to the doctor if it's nothing.. but the prospect of Disney with a hurt foot is intimidating.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Disney on a cart was the most fun I ever had, seriously!!!

hillview
01-01-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't think there is much a doctor can do for a broken toe? I know it can hurt a lot. Maybe look into a scooter? SORRY!!

KLD313
01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
I did the same thing last month. The pain was down in my foot and I contemplated the Dr. but after reading about brokens toes online I decided not to. They really don't do anything for them other than buddy tape them and you can do that at home. Mine got much more bearable in a couple days, hopefully yours will, too.

ellies mom
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Well, I've noticed that there is nothing like going to the doctors and paying the co-pay to make most things better. I'm a bit torn on the advice to give. I do tend to worry about bones in the foot healing badly more than it probably warrants but that is just me. If I was certain it was the toes, I'd tape them to the next ones with a bit of gauze between for comfort. If there is bruising and swelling on the foot, I'd go to the doctor. In the mean time, take ibuprofen, ice and elevate it. Even if it doesn't look swollen, it can make a huge difference. If it doesn't improve, then have it checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DietCokeLover
01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Rachel, this is OT, but I was thinking that if you are heading to Disney soon, that maybe things were looking up for you. I know the last year or so was tough for you relationally and financially. Hoping this is a sign things are better for you!

hillview
01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Rachel, this is OT, but I was thinking that if you are heading to Disney soon, that maybe things were looking up for you. I know the last year or so was tough for you relationally and financially. Hoping this is a sign things are better for you!

:yeahthat:

Raidra
01-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Well, I've noticed that there is nothing like going to the doctors and paying the co-pay to make most things better. I'm a bit torn on the advice to give. I do tend to worry about bones in the foot healing badly more than it probably warrants but that is just me. If I was certain it was the toes, I'd tape them to the next ones with a bit of gauze between for comfort. If there is bruising and swelling on the foot, I'd go to the doctor. In the mean time, take ibuprofen, ice and elevate it. Even if it doesn't look swollen, it can make a huge difference. If it doesn't improve, then have it checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding, right? That's what I was thinking.. go to the doctor and that will guarantee it will feel better in a day or two. ;)

The thing is, my toes don't hurt at all. It's in the ball of my foot, on the outside, that hurts. It's been getting worse today - not too noticeable in the morning, but now I'm limping. I'm going to try icing it and staying off it as much as possible.

And thanks for the good thoughts.. yes, things are going pretty well. It's a long, hard road, but my husband is working very hard on his recovery and is doing well. I'm learning how to be my own person, to rely on myself for happiness, so that if things fall through, I'll be okay. :)

jgenie
01-01-2013, 11:59 PM

:yeahthat:

And thanks for the good thoughts.. yes, things are going pretty well..... I'm learning how to be my own person, to rely on myself for happiness, so that if things fall through, I'll be okay. :)

I'm glad to hear things are going well.

Tondi G
01-02-2013, 04:45 AM
I would take Ibuprofen ... stay on top of it every 6 hours to keep the inflammation down. Ice it and elevate. See if that helps. If it is still hurting in a couple of days then head to the doctor for an xray to make sure nothing is broken that needs attention.

I agree with the others .... if your foot is hurting at Disney rent a motorized wheelchair... you will get a special assistance pass and get to go on a lot of ride with a lot shorter wait times!