PDA

View Full Version : Kids Alarm Watch (for potty or meds reminder?)

amldaley
01-02-2013, 12:12 AM
DD1 has a voiding dysfunction and needs to be sent to the potty every 30 minutes. We try to use the microwave timer at home but the poor thing ends up running to the bathroom everytime I heat up lunch and dinner! And frankly, it's hard for us to keep track of, too.

I'd like to get her a decent potty watch. She'll need it to be durable enough to wear to PS and for it to last long term. I do NOT want one of the widely available watches that have an actual plastic toilet on them.

I have looked at med reminder watches, etc. They seem to range from $36-60 and have mixed reviews. I need to be able to set it for her and have it vibrate or chime every 30 minutes without being reset (we'll just take it off at night or reset it daily).

Anyone have one they like?

swrc00
01-02-2013, 12:38 AM
The best one we had came with a box of pull ups. It was Lightening McQueen. This seems to be the girl version:

http://www.pullupsstore.com/product/5079

It was nothing fancy, but you can set it at different 15 minute intervals. You can set it to vibrate, chime, or lights. It doesn't have to be reset each time. DS asked for a watch for Christmas, because he missed wearing the potty watch.

I just realized it is on backorder. There is a Lightening Mcqueen one on ebay, that is new in package.

amldaley
01-02-2013, 01:59 AM
The best one we had came with a box of pull ups. It was Lightening McQueen. This seems to be the girl version:

http://www.pullupsstore.com/product/5079

It was nothing fancy, but you can set it at different 15 minute intervals. You can set it to vibrate, chime, or lights. It doesn't have to be reset each time. DS asked for a watch for Christmas, because he missed wearing the potty watch.

I just realized it is on backorder. There is a Lightening Mcqueen one on ebay, that is new in package.

Thanks! Found one one Amazon for 6 bucks incl. shipping. Worth a try before dropping 40 bucks!

swrc00
01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks! Found one one Amazon for 6 bucks incl. shipping. Worth a try before dropping 40 bucks!

So glad you found one! Totally worth it, rather than drop 40!