PDA

View Full Version : Need mattress that will NOT get body impressions!

twowhat?
01-02-2013, 10:14 PM
I am so sick of paying thousands of dollars for a mattress only to have it get body impressions after only a couple of years! We do rotate our mattress, so we aren't abusing it. They are "name brand" mattresses (though I know that doesn't mean much). This last time we bought a very firm mattress and put a memory foam topper on it. Still, 4 years later- now we have body impressions and are waking up sore and stiff! And the body impressions were noticeable at about 2 years. It is ridiculous having that hump between us. I've looked into the warranty and there is all sorts of info out there on how they will actually come out and measure the impressions and if they aren't a certain depth (something ridiculous, like 1.5 inches), it's not covered. But it only takes a very slight impression to impact comfort! And the mattress we had before this one only lasted a few years as well before we had to get rid of it due to the body impressions.

What is the problem? Are we dense people?

We need a new mattress. It needs to LAST this time...I am tired of throwing away money. We want something relatively firm because we can always soften it up with a mattress topper, which is easier to replace than a whole freakin' mattress.

Tempurpedic folks who have had their mattresses for a long time - do you get body impressions?

Should we buy from Costco and take advantage of the return policy 2 years down the road when we get body impressions?

Do those natural latex mattresses everyone here raves about get body impressions?

Help!

hillview
01-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Tempurpedic folks who have had their mattresses for a long time - do you get body impressions?

we've had our for almost 10 years and it is great. I can sleep on my side, DH's side or in the middle and don't feel like I am sleeping in a cave.

crl
01-02-2013, 10:22 PM
We have a latex mattress from Ikea, purchased approximately four years ago. We are not diligent about rotating/flipping. No impressions. FWIW, I am about 130 pounds, but dh is over 200.

It is on the firm side and we find it extremely comfortable. Ours is on a platform bed with a solid platform (not slats).

Catherine

indigo99
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
We had a latex with a pillowtop before, and it got impressions - pretty dumb to cover latex with cheaper foam anyway, but I didn't research it enough before purchase. When we replaced it to go up to a king, we got all latex. I LOVE it and only wish I'd gotten it sooner so I could have gotten some sleep when preggers with DS2. We've only had it a year though so I don't know for sure that it won't compress at all. From what I've read, older mattresses were latex (back when ppl kept them for years and years). Since they moved to the more modern foams and padding, there's been more impression issues and the need for frequent replacement.

Mamabear4
01-02-2013, 10:26 PM
What is the problem? Are we dense people?
Help!

Sorry, but this line made me laugh! :ROTFLMAO:

No advice here, I'll actually be watching this thread because our Stearns & Foster that we loved for 6 years is now the bain of my existence because of the impressions. And I've read that if you have ANY type of stain, marking or anything visible on the mattress, you're out of luck on the warranty. So the Aquaphor fingers that DS put onto our mattress while we were changing the sheets disqualified us.

Cam&Clay
01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
We have a Tempurpedic and there are no impressions. DH and I are...kinda dense.

SnuggleBuggles
01-02-2013, 10:40 PM
13 years with our Tempurpedic and it is good. There was a brief time where it was very uncomfortable but we simply rotated the box spring (though the warranty had recommended a new box spring every 3 years!) and all was well. How is your box spring?

♥ms.pacman♥
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM
we've had our Tempurpedic since 2007 (so i guess more than 5 years) and no impressions. We did rotate it once last year due to similar experience as Snugglebuggles, and that solved it.

WatchingThemGrow
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM
UGH - feel your pain!!!

We've been through 2 high-dollar mattresses in our first few years of marriage- huge body ditches with a hump in the middle. They measured twice, and exchanged it for a new one after the second visit. New mattress, same thing - we were almost at the second measurement, and DH couldn't take another minute of it. He told me to give it away on CL for free.

We bought a Sam's club mattress and it is fine. The Sam's Club mattress from 10 years ago is much better, and from what I understand, something has changed in the past 10 years so that newer mattresses suck and older ones are better.

awoodm
01-02-2013, 11:22 PM
We've had a Simmons comforpedic (http://www.beautyrest.com/beds/comforpedic) mattress for about 2 years now, and I LOVE it. It's basically the Simmons version of the Tempurpedic. Before that we had a top of the line Simmons pillow top mattress, and had the same issue re: body impressions. I would literally be sore in the morning from the pressure points in the mattress. It was awful. We've also had an Ikea mattress, which was awful IMO - way too thin and firm. Now, I'm in heaven - I love this bed. No impressions whatsoever, but not extremely firm either. One of the best parts is the cooling technology - the bed is always cool to the touch - so I don't get too warm. I could never go back to a coil spring mattress. Good luck on your search - I completely understand your pain.

musicalgrl
01-02-2013, 11:28 PM
After several bad experiences with other mattresses we bought a Tempurpedic 4+ years ago. It is the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on and there are no impressions. Love it!

spunkybaby
01-02-2013, 11:40 PM
We've had our Tempurpedic for 6+ years and are still happy with it!

Minnifer
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Ugh, I'm watching this thread w/interest. I recently gave up a 16 year old full mattress to "upgrade" to a queen and have had nothing but trouble with it. Swapped out what I originally bought 3 times and eventually wound up with a super expensive top-of-the-line mattress that I've now only had for about 8 months and ALREADY I am feeling impressions (and it's just me in it, and I'm not particularly dense). I'm pretty much in chronic pain now due to a hip condition that never bothered me when I slept before - I *so* regret giving up my old school, flippable Sealy Posturpedic.

So, question for the Tempurpedic type folks - whenever I've tried anything memory foam-esque, I've felt enveloped by the mattress, and not in a good way - like, sucked into it, and it's hard for me to turn over, move around, etc, and I worry that it won't be supportive enough for stomach sleeping (which I don't do all the time, but a fair amount). Is that what they're really like, or did I just not try the right thing? Because I'm getting pretty desperate to find something that works.

AngelaS
01-03-2013, 12:05 AM
We have had a Select Comfort for 8 years and it's fabulous!

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Ugh, I'm watching this thread w/interest. I recently gave up a 16 year old full mattress to "upgrade" to a queen and have had nothing but trouble with it. Swapped out what I originally bought 3 times and eventually wound up with a super expensive top-of-the-line mattress that I've now only had for about 8 months and ALREADY I am feeling impressions (and it's just me in it, and I'm not particularly dense). I'm pretty much in chronic pain now due to a hip condition that never bothered me when I slept before - I *so* regret giving up my old school, flippable Sealy Posturpedic.

So, question for the Tempurpedic type folks - whenever I've tried anything memory foam-esque, I've felt enveloped by the mattress, and not in a good way - like, sucked into it, and it's hard for me to turn over, move around, etc, and I worry that it won't be supportive enough for stomach sleeping (which I don't do all the time, but a fair amount). Is that what they're really like, or did I just not try the right thing? Because I'm getting pretty desperate to find something that works.

Not my Tempurpedic experience. I like feeling the mattress around be but I don't feel like I'm enveloped by it.

Again, I think if you have a bad foundation or box spring that you are more likely to have sagging and those types of feelings.

Minnifer
01-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Not my Tempurpedic experience. I like feeling the mattress around be but I don't feel like I'm enveloped by it.

Again, I think if you have a bad foundation or box spring that you are more likely to have sagging and those types of feelings.

Interesting, thanks. I wouldn't like any sort of "mattress around me" feeling. My new bed is so high that in terms of foundation I had to go with just a bunkie board - otherwise I would have needed a freaking pole vault to get into the thing - so it's a firm foundation.

MommyofAmaya
01-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Ask the Old Bed Guy:
http://www.oldbedguy.com/

I just mentioned him in my mattress thread and I might be in :heartbeat:
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=450178&highlight=rogers

anonomom
01-03-2013, 12:21 AM
We have a Simmons NXG 250 mattress purchased in 2009, and it's fantastic. It's memory foam over coils and has been unbelievably comfortable. No craters so far, and none of the discomfort I had typically associated with memory foam (that "sinking in" feeling).

Tondi G
01-03-2013, 02:58 AM
we have a 7 year old Stearns and Foster that is causing a lot of discomfort for both DH and I now. We purposely bought a firm mattress with the idea that we could add something cushioned/comfy on top and avoid indentations in a pillowtop that can't be removed.

I have been looking at an IKEA mattress that isn't too expensive. Figure that if it is a mess in a few years and we need to buy something different we won't feel like we threw money away (we paid a pretty penny for our S&F). I HATE mattress shopping.

this is the Ikea mattress we are looking at
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00206906/#/70206899

They do have a natural latex mattress at Ikea too but it is twice the price of the one above

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30188468/#/80188475

brittone2
01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
DH and I like our Savvy Rest latex, which is almost 7 yo at this point.

I just purchased a Sleep EZ latex mattress for DS2 and am pleased so far. DD sleeps on an Ikea 85% natural latex mattress, but we were able to get the 100% natural latex shipped to us from Sleep EZ at a price point that is less than Ikea's price for the 85/15 blend. I wish I had known about Sleep EZ at the time we purchased her mattress (and my own!).

Latex has a different feel than spring mattresses, so YMMV on whether you like that.

wendibird22
01-03-2013, 09:39 AM
I don't own a latex mattress but I do have a topper that I love. I read that a really important thing to research is the density of the foam or latex. The higher the density the firmer the support and less likely to get impressions. You know the commercial where the woman sinks her hand into the mattress and the handprint stays there forever. That's a very high density mattress. A low density mattress will spring right back (think egg crate type toppers). The quicker it rebounds the easier it is to condense and therefore to break down over time and stay caved in. 2lb density is more like regular foam/egg crate. You need 5lb density to be really firm.

My topper is 3" thick and 4lb density and after 2yrs usage it's still like new. I don't sink into it at all.

minnie-zb
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
We have a traditional mattress which is 18 years old. Geez, that is old. We are not great about flipping, but I will say the mattress is in perfect condition. It is not worn (no dents, no rolling to the center, etc.) and it is still as good as they day it came home from the store. We are thinking about buying a new mattress, but that is more because we want a king and I think my bed preference has changed.

We are thinking about a Sleep Number bed. Any thoughts on this?

indigo99
01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
I highly recommend trying out a full latex (note that many big manufacturers carry "latex" mattresses that have layers of foam and padding other than latex). Real latex is very cushy and supportive at the same time, but you don't get that slowly sinking feeling that I've had on memory foam.

BabyBearsMom
01-03-2013, 01:01 PM
We have a tempurpedic and have had it for nearly 4 years. No dents and very comfortable. FWIW, DH and I are bigger people and still nothing. Love the tempurpedic.

pastrygirl
01-03-2013, 01:05 PM
I really like my Savvy Rest latex mattress, too. Will definitely stick with latex for all future mattresses. The "good" stuff, not the pseudo-latex from Ikea or other big box stores.

twowhat?
01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
DH and I like our Savvy Rest latex, which is almost 7 yo at this point.

I just purchased a Sleep EZ latex mattress for DS2 and am pleased so far. DD sleeps on an Ikea 85% natural latex mattress, but we were able to get the 100% natural latex shipped to us from Sleep EZ at a price point that is less than Ikea's price for the 85/15 blend. I wish I had known about Sleep EZ at the time we purchased her mattress (and my own!).

Latex has a different feel than spring mattresses, so YMMV on whether you like that.

I really like my Savvy Rest latex mattress, too. Will definitely stick with latex for all future mattresses. The "good" stuff, not the pseudo-latex from Ikea or other big box stores.

Can you describe how it's different than spring mattresses vs a tempurpedic? Did you buy online sight unseen or were you able to find a place to try them out? And how much of a pain is it to change sheets/rotate it? I imagine it's gotta be heavy as heck!

LBW
01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
I highly recommend trying out a full latex (note that many big manufacturers carry "latex" mattresses that have layers of foam and padding other than latex). Real latex is very cushy and supportive at the same time, but you don't get that slowly sinking feeling that I've had on memory foam.

I agree with this 100%. I felt stuck in all of the memory foam mattresses I tried out a few years ago. Latex gives me the same comfortable support, but without that sinking into the mattress feeling.

Minnifer
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't own a latex mattress but I do have a topper that I love. I read that a really important thing to research is the density of the foam or latex. The higher the density the firmer the support and less likely to get impressions. You know the commercial where the woman sinks her hand into the mattress and the handprint stays there forever. That's a very high density mattress. A low density mattress will spring right back (think egg crate type toppers). The quicker it rebounds the easier it is to condense and therefore to break down over time and stay caved in. 2lb density is more like regular foam/egg crate. You need 5lb density to be really firm.
Oy, this is what is so confusing - to me, this is completely counterintuitive (that the mattress where the handprint stays forever is the one that won't get impressions). And lying on something where I sink in like that is so uncomfortable for me. Also, I actually find egg crate toppers to be WAY more comfortable and durable (as in, no impressions) than any other kind of topper (memory foam, down, down alternative) all of which make me feel like I'm sunk in and stuck. I wonder if this means I'm a good candidate for latex?

We have a traditional mattress which is 18 years old. Geez, that is old. We are not great about flipping, but I will say the mattress is in perfect condition. It is not worn (no dents, no rolling to the center, etc.) and it is still as good as they day it came home from the store. We are thinking about buying a new mattress, but that is more because we want a king and I think my bed preference has changed. All I have to say is, no matter what else you decide try, do NOT throw out/get rid of that mattress, LOL - store it away somewhere just in case :p.

mctlaw
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
We love our custom latex mattress from flobeds. We both have back issues. It is very heavy and not flippable. It is made to body part/size, so flipping it would defeat its function anyway. No impressions at 3 years.

brittone2
01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Can you describe how it's different than spring mattresses vs a tempurpedic? Did you buy online sight unseen or were you able to find a place to try them out? And how much of a pain is it to change sheets/rotate it? I imagine it's gotta be heavy as heck!

We tried out Savvy Rest in person as we had a local showroom. Now that I've used latex for almost 7 years, etc. I felt more comfortable buying online for DS2. I used Sleep EZ to buy his and talked to Shaun who is quite helpful (lots of other BBB posts about Sleep EZ if you are curious). We don't flip or rotate, other than when we move ;) Savvy Rest didn't feel it was necessary and SLeep EZ site seems to say the same.

Yes, they are very heavy!

I don't remember sleeping on a Tempurpedic since switching to latex, so I can't really compare accurately. It has a firm but supportive feel, but it is definitely a different feel as compared to a spring mattress. With latex you can customize the layers to find a good combo. On our Savvy Rest, DH's side is configured differently than my side since we sleep differently and don't weigh the same.

sophiesmom03
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM

No advice here, I'll actually be watching this thread because our Stearns & Foster that we loved for 6 years is now the bain of my existence because of the impressions. And I've read that if you have ANY type of stain, marking or anything visible on the mattress, you're out of luck on the warranty. So the Aquaphor fingers that DS put onto our mattress while we were changing the sheets disqualified us.

Our S&F is one year old an has impressions. I hate it and miss my $400 Costco memory foam mattress.

amldaley
01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
We have a Tempurpedic and there are no impressions. DH and I are...kinda dense.

:ROTFLMAO: lol'd so hard I woke DD2 up...

indigo99
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I got my latex from SleepEZ too - ordered it through the mail. I did test out some latex mattresses at a local store first though. The mattress came as separate sheets of latex rolled up and compressed in plastic bags. We put it together ourselves right on the bed with the zippable cover it comes with. You don't move or flip it, but we haven't had any trouble changing sheets. I will say that I'm a little more worried about the edge of the mattress holding up since it doesn't have any sort of frame or support like a traditional mattress would. However, we can always just replace the top layer of latex inside if we need to down the road.

pastrygirl
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
There's a store nearby that carries Savvy Rest, so we were able to try in person before buying.

I have to say that my shredded latex Savvy Rest pillow is THE BEST PILLOW EVER. I had a tempurpedic pillow before that, but the shredded latex is pure heaven! We bought two queen size and were able to take out enough stuffing to make a third pillow, which we sometimes use for guests.

mik8
01-03-2013, 05:54 PM
:ROTFLMAO: lol'd so hard I woke DD2 up...

That statement cracked me up too! :)

BayGirl2
01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I too am struggling with an impressioned mattress and its making both DH and I miserable. This mattress is only 2-3 years old and the one before it was less than 5 years old, and each time I thought I was spending a lot to get something good. Right now the whole thing has me stressed out because I don't want to spend a lot AGAIN and be uncomfortable in 3 years. Plus we need new bedding, but if we get a new mattress we'll go from queen to king, so the bedding is dependent on the mattress decision. I also wonder if my discomfort is a changing body/age/overweight thing that no mattress will solve. Its stressing me out!

So Savvy Rest is sounding good based on PP's. Is there anywhere to try them out? I'm almost tempted to go to Ikea or Costco just so I don't regret spending a lot.

pastrygirl
01-03-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.savvyrest.com/dealers

megulis
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
We bought a Savvy Rest and am anticipating its arrival. We bought a pillow with it too! Did you just get a zippered pillow cover to make another pillow? Thanks for the recommendation!

pastrygirl
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
We had a zippered cover laying around, so we used that. I think we also put it inside another pillow protector to make sure it doesn't accidentally get opened accidentally -- it makes a mess!

kijip
02-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Maybe you need to buy a cheaper mattress? We have been married 11 years and only replaced our mattress once and the one we started with had been mine for 4 years prior. The first one was a discount corner of IKEA bed which was perhaps one of the only comfortable beds they have sold. It was under $200. The next one was a super deal at about $400 (i bargained hard on an already marked down model) but was originally closer to $1000. Not thousands and that included the box springs we later ditched when we got a new bed frame with curved wooden slats. It's been almost 7 years since that purchase.

Maybe we are really resilient sleepers and we just don't notice? The mattress we have does not have visible indentations. That said, it is a full so maybe there is no room for valleys? :)

kijip
02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
We are thinking about a Sleep Number bed. Any thoughts on this?

No personal experience but after complaining about their sleep number bed for 2 years, my brother convinced his husband to replace their sleep number this month. I don't think they have decided yet- they are shopping now. My brother hates it and insists that his side is affected by his husband's side. My brother is though perhaps the lightest, most finicky sleeper in the history of the world. Something I am all too familiar with from the days when shared a bed as kids.

cntrymoon2
02-22-2013, 02:14 AM
No personal experience but after complaining about their sleep number bed for 2 years, my brother convinced his husband to replace their sleep number this month. I don't think they have decided yet- they are shopping now. My brother hates it and insists that his side is affected by his husband's side. My brother is though perhaps the lightest, most finicky sleeper in the history of the world. Something I am all too familiar with from the days when shared a bed as kids.

:yeahthat: OMG, yes! We stayed at a Ronald McDonald House that had all Sleep Number beds and it was the worst bed I've ever laid on. I don't understand how anyone can like them. It felt like a really bad air mattress laid on top of metal bars. Horrible.

wildfire
02-22-2013, 02:20 AM
I slept on a Sleep Number bed when visiting my mom and was not very impressed. DH liked it OK, and my mom looooooves it. I just couldn't get it dialed in right. I am almost exclusively a side sleeper, so maybe it is better for back sleepers?

I have a pretty impressionable mattress, too. I can't wait to replace it, but a big purchase just isn't in the cards right now. It's about third on my list. But when I do, I decided about a year ago we'd be getting a latex mattress. There's a local store that carries them (not a Savvy Rest dealer), and I was going to go for Sleep EZ once I had an idea for how firm to get it. I know someone who has it and she really loves it. I want something without a pillow top because I want something more durable.

WatchingThemGrow
02-22-2013, 07:33 AM
The mattress inspector who came to our house said that mattresses made over 10 years ago were much better. He didn't explain what they do now that's different, but he said old mattresses actually held up. We are on our 3rd in 7 years and it is going back soon. Sick of body impressions. Our 12 year old queen looks firm and new, but not our 4 month old king.

sophiesmom03
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM

I hate my 1 year old S&F mattress. It's not flippable and has impressions and the couch is more comfortable...but I'm sure sleepy's will find a reason not to replace it...

twowhat?
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I too am struggling with an impressioned mattress and its making both DH and I miserable. This mattress is only 2-3 years old and the one before it was less than 5 years old, and each time I thought I was spending a lot to get something good. Right now the whole thing has me stressed out because I don't want to spend a lot AGAIN and be uncomfortable in 3 years. Plus we need new bedding, but if we get a new mattress we'll go from queen to king, so the bedding is dependent on the mattress decision. I also wonder if my discomfort is a changing body/age/overweight thing that no mattress will solve. Its stressing me out!

So Savvy Rest is sounding good based on PP's. Is there anywhere to try them out? I'm almost tempted to go to Ikea or Costco just so I don't regret spending a lot.

The mattress inspector who came to our house said that mattresses made over 10 years ago were much better. He didn't explain what they do now that's different, but he said old mattresses actually held up. We are on our 3rd in 7 years and it is going back soon. Sick of body impressions. Our 12 year old queen looks firm and new, but not our 4 month old king.

This has been our experience as well! We have a 10yo mattress in the guest bedroom which DH and I used for a few years and it's in perfect condition and so confy. But in the past 5 years we have had 2 mattresses, neither of which we are happy with. Our current mattress, which we bought as a firm hoping to not have to deal with body impressions due to compression of all the pillowtop mattresses, STILL has body impressions. DH and I are not heavy...though like I said maybe we are dense? It is so frustrating.

Anyone here have a Saavy Rest or similar latex mattress for several years who can comment on body impressions?

brittone2
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
This has been our experience as well! We have a 10yo mattress in the guest bedroom which DH and I used for a few years and it's in perfect condition and so confy. But in the past 5 years we have had 2 mattresses, neither of which we are happy with. Our current mattress, which we bought as a firm hoping to not have to deal with body impressions due to compression of all the pillowtop mattresses, STILL has body impressions. DH and I are not heavy...though like I said maybe we are dense? It is so frustrating.

Anyone here have a Saavy Rest or similar latex mattress for several years who can comment on body impressions?
No body impressions here yet. We have had our Savvy Rest for about 7 yrs. DH is about 175 and I weigh about 120.

JElaineB
02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
We love our Sleep Number bed but you have to get a higher end model (we got the second from the highest model). The lower-end models are not as comfortable. We've had ours for almost 8 years. I recommend going to the Sleep Number store and trying them out.

AnnieW625
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
We didn't check out Savvy Rest because there were no dealers super close to us, but we checked out another local mattress company that makes their own organic layered latex mattresses and I just didn't like them at all. I could not get comfortable. There was just something about it so we went to another store and found a mattress we really liked that had individually wrapped coils, a layer of talalay latex, and a memory foam top. Granted we have only had it for two months now and it took me a while to get used to sleeping on it (because our prior mattress had been a pillow top and it was a tad on the soft side), but so far so good. I was tempted to drive to Arizona for a long weekend and check out the SleepEZ mattress store in Phoenix, but am glad that we were able to find something locally instead. Picking out latex layers online or over the phone just seemed so confusing.

Our mattress is this one from Diamond Mattress (http://www.diamondmattress.com/Diamond-Mattress/Beds/Mattress/Generations/Relief.aspx) (we actually got it from OC Mattress and it is sold with their label on it, but our warranty card is from Diamond Mattress). Total including a new mattress pad and tax it was just over $1000.

This is our second mattress in 12 yrs. . I hope this one lasts just as long. It came with a 20 yr. warranty as well so we'll see.

eta: my in laws love their Sleep Number bed. They probably have the top of the line model. DH and I didn't even look at them because of the reviews I had read saying that you had to get the top of the line models for them to even be comfortable so it would have been way more than our budget. DH's aunt and uncle just got one of the memory or gel foam (I can't remember which technology they use) and his aunt was saying it smelled musty and they had a number of issues with delivery and set up as well so I am not sure they are 100% happy with the bed yet.

twowhat?
02-22-2013, 12:48 PM
No body impressions here yet. We have had our Savvy Rest for about 7 yrs. DH is about 175 and I weigh about 120.

This is reassuring. We're roughly the same weights (and density? LOL). Do you have to rotate these mattresses? I imagine they are hella heavy...and we have a king bed. We actually do have a dealer downtown so will check them out...but these mattresses are so expensive I want to be sure it's the right decision and that they will last forever:)

brittone2
02-22-2013, 12:55 PM
This is reassuring. We're roughly the same weights (and density? LOL). Do you have to rotate these mattresses? I imagine they are hella heavy...and we have a king bed. We actually do have a dealer downtown so will check them out...but these mattresses are so expensive I want to be sure it's the right decision and that they will last forever:)
No, we don't rotate and you are not supposed to have to. DH's side and my side are built slightly differently in terms of the layers. Ours has been rotated before, but mostly because we've moved 2x since purchasing it. Moving it was not fun for the crew. Awkward and heavy for sure; ours is a king also.

eta: I need more muscles and am not as dense as I'd like to be ;) too much flabbiness right now LOL.