PDA

View Full Version : Cup users....quick question - probably TMI

BabbyO
01-03-2013, 11:44 AM
How often do you have to empty your cup, especially on the first day or two? I started using a MoonCup a few months ago. I decided given my shape and size this was the best cup for me - though I know it is a bit smaller than the more frequently used Diva cup.

Anyway....after several months of regular use I have to empty my cup every 2-3 hrs on the first 2 days of my period. Usually it is closer to 2 hrs...as I've filled the cup and it is leaking out of the tiny air holes.

Is this normal? It seems most people are not emptying theirs for significantly more time than that. Just curious.

infomama
01-03-2013, 11:57 AM
There are days i have to empty it that often and there are days i go almost all day without bothering with it. Totally normal...your flow is your flow.

chottumommy
01-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Even with the DIVA, I empty mine every 2-3 hours for the first 2 days and then every 8-10 hours. Totally normal and depends on your flow.

mommylamb
01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
On my very heavy days, I empty mine every 3-5 hours, but other than that, it's only every 10-12 hours.

BabbyO
01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. When doing research it seemed like most people were going 4+ hours even on their first days.

My flow is my new flow, post baby...and I'm not too crazy about it...seems MUCH heavier than before. Ok, I don't think it is heavier overall. I think it is heavier the first 2 days then tapers off quite a bit...whereas pre-babies it was much more even across 4-5 days. So probably same volume, the distribution has just changed.

That said...I'm definitely loving my cup. I still have to use pads as backup...but I'm going through significantly fewer....So much better!

brittone2
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
There are days i have to empty it that often and there are days i go almost all day without bothering with it. Totally normal...your flow is your flow.
:yeahthat:

Yep, there are days I have to empty it every 2 hrs and there are other days I go 12 hrs.