PDA

View Full Version : Dressy winter boots please

sweetsue98
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Im on a hunt for dressy winter boots. I'm a field sales rep in a snowy area. The boots should be:
-flat since I'm trekking through snow (I've fallen many times and it's embarrassing)
-waterproof for snow reasons
-dressy ( somewhat) since I have to look professional

Please help me find this boot before I break my leg!!!

Kindra178
01-03-2013, 03:02 PM
La Canadienne makes tons of dressy, waterproof riding boot styles. Zappos has a big selection.

joonbug
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I was going to suggest Le Candienne as well! Zappos has free overnight shipping and free returns.

gatorsmom
01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I have a pair of La Canadienne's and I love them. I can trudge through snowbanks and slush and I stay warm and dry. Be aware, though that the shaft of their tall boots runs slim. Take your calf measurements before you order.

Another dressy, waterproof shoe maker is Aquatalia. You can do a search for them. They are great quality.

I have a pair of knee high Santana's and have worn them in snow and slush now for 4years with no problems. They are great too. Make sure you are getting waterproof boots because I think there is more than one designer by the name of Santana.

newg
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM
I NorthFace and Born also have some cute, dressy boots that are waterproof. I just did a search for waterproof boots on zappos last season and found a ton of choices. REI is another place to look.

lmintzer
01-05-2013, 11:50 PM
I just tried on these Blondo boots at Nordstrom today (they didn't have my exact size so I ordered--hopefully they will fit). They are leather, lightly lined, have good tread, and waterproof. Canadian company (though I did notice they were marked "made in China" inside).

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/blondo-valente-waterproof-boot/3213584

sweetsue98
01-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all the suggestion! Time to shop!

nupe
02-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Sue, what did you get?

In case you haven't found them yet, check Amazon. I just had to retire my favorite Born black boots, and ordered some La Canadienne ones to try from Amazon. They now have free shipping and free return shipping, and a promotion for 20 off 100 or 50 off 200.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=la+canadienne+boots+waterproof&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ala+canadienne+boots+waterproof