PDA

View Full Version : TMI: Immediate relief for UTI?

ha98ed14
01-03-2013, 10:22 PM
It keeps hurting after peeing...

mmommy
01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Drink as much water and cranberry juice as you can. I take cranberry concentrate and Uva Ursa pills if I feel one coming on. I've been successful flushing them out without medication with enough water, cran, and Uva Ursa.

Azo tablets (http://www.azoproducts.com/products/azo_standard) won't fix it, but they'll numb the pain until you can get to the Dr.

mom2224
01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
AZO Tabs are OTC (generic Pyridium). It'll turn your urine orange. AZO is used for urinaray tract analgesia- minor pain, burning, frequency, urgency.

You're takng an antibiotic, right? Yeast is a possible side effect.

Hope you feel better soon. Drink lots and then some more.

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Drink as much water and cranberry juice as you can. I take cranberry concentrate and Uva Ursa pills if I feel one coming on. I've been successful flushing them out without medication with enough water, cran, and Uva Ursa.

Azo tablets (http://www.azoproducts.com/products/azo_standard) won't fix it, but they'll numb the pain until you can get to the Dr.

I don't do the cranberry (my Dr. isn't much of a believer in it vs just water) but I do all the other stuff. It's still early there. You should be able to go to a clinic ASAP and get rolling on meds if you test +.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
for me AZO cranberry tabs would do the trick. hope u feel better soon!

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Oh, if you haven't had a culture yet, don't do the Azo. They told me they can't do a rapid test on it then (they can still the multiple day culture).

Cam&Clay
01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Azo tablets help the pain. They are like little miracle pills, but you'll still need an antibiotic.

swrc00
01-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Call your OB. They might give you a prescription over the phone. Hopefully you have a 24 hour pharmacy you can pick it up from. I would hate to deal with it until the morning. Sitting in the bath might help also. Get well!

crl
01-04-2013, 12:24 AM
If you can, get to the doctor before you start doing any of this. I have been told that my urine test have come back negative most likely because I have drunk so much water it drowns out the bacteria in the test.

After you get antibiotics definitely drink as much water as you can stand.

Catherine

wellyes
01-04-2013, 12:29 AM
I don't have to get a test for a UTI, I know what it is. I just call and request a prescription. Takes the pills! UTIs hurt like hell.I sent my husband to the drugstore at 3 am for those pills.