PDA

View Full Version : Color Me Rad, anyone?

awoodm
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Started C25k this year (2 days under my belt! :cheerleader1:), and was looking for a fun 5K to work towards... Found this (http://www.colormerad.com/). Anyone done such a race? Now to get the guts to sign up!

ETA - Anyone else doing C25k this year? Looking for all the motivation I can get :)

bekahjean
01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh my, that looks like so much fun!! There is one near me in June, and one near my parents in September. I would love to do both!!

For what it's worth, I've been working on c25k for about two months. I'm on week 5. ;) I did take some time off for holidays and winter colds. I'm starting again on Monday. I will probably repeat week 4 before I try week 5 again.

Keep going! It's so satisfying to see the progress!

mikala
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I ran one and it was a lot of fun. My skin and hair was stained for about two showers afterwards but the color wore off after that. My running shoes will never be the same again.

Just don't be silly and try to run it with kids in jogging strollers like some of the runners I saw.... :eek:

awoodm
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Just don't be silly and try to run it with kids in jogging strollers like some of the runners I saw.... :eek:

This made me LOL. DS2 did try to convince me he could ride his Jeep through...

awoodm
01-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Oh my, that looks like so much fun!! There is one near me in June, and one near my parents in September. I would love to do both!!

For what it's worth, I've been working on c25k for about two months. I'm on week 5. ;) I did take some time off for holidays and winter colds. I'm starting again on Monday. I will probably repeat week 4 before I try week 5 again.

Keep going! It's so satisfying to see the progress!

Thanks! I will keep on truckin'. Plan to sign up... real... soon. :)

n2ou
01-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Started c25k in June and have been running ever since.

I ran the Color me rad with a bunch of friends and it was really fun. It was not officially timed though.

The t-shirt is one of the nicest shirts I have collected so far.

My goal for 2013 is 10k. I have signed up for some fun races in 2013.

jent
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I thought this sounded familiar... Jon from Young House Love did it and posted this report: http://www.younghouselove.com/2012/07/well-thats-one-way-to-embrace-color/

infomama
01-07-2013, 05:59 PM
This looks like the Color Run...which is awesome. www.thecolorrun.com